US$140
US$129
US$99
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$227
US$195
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$219/night.

US$170
US$140
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$183/night.

US$93
Orbitz.com
US$92
PremierInn.com
All reviewscompact roomsausagemini bartown centrefresh milk in the fridgeno liftpleasant staybusy roadfull englishcricket groundmain roadevening mealhairdryercharacter
Reviewed 2 July 2014

we checked and found we were in a room adapted for the disabled.. not a big problem only that the water from the shower ran across the whole floof because there was a break in the tiles..and the mirror was too low!

Dinner was excellent food well prepared and served on time perfect..

Then comes the bad, noise went on until 3.00am singing and shouting , we were in room number one below the stairs to the toilets people up and down Clonk clonk all night , just not acceptable, when we complained in the morning all your receptionist could do was apologise not good enough . What are you going to do about the experience we had to put up with..spoilt our trip totally!!! I have given 4 stars based on experience should be one star!!

Terry Schofield MJM Sports Ltd

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear CrazeeBideford,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for bringing this to our attention.

It is clear that you did not have our usual guest experience and as such please may I offer you my personal apology.

Please may I kindly ask you to contact me directly by email manager@corner-house.co.uk as I would like to discuss your stay with us in more detail.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Where do I begin!.........

Don't be fooled by their ads or web page. From the outside looks OK and reception area and bar/dining area are modern and clean .......... However things change drastically once you climb the stairs to the bedrooms. We refused the first room as the so called double bed wasn't (no 6) Our original room (no 3) had just been given to someone else despite arriving at 3 pm - I wonder why?? Perhaps they didn't like the room they had been offered either. Informed by reception that there were no twin rooms or any other rooms available. Then, miraculously we were offered room 33.
A king sized bed at least, but the room and bathroom were tired and grubby. Worn carpets, torn pillow cases, dirty walls particularly round the light switches, noisy, smelly sani flow toilet, no air con or fans and had to leave window open a little to get some air circulating. Consequently very noisy from all the traffic. In fact, the whole of the upstairs looks like it needs some serious investment.

Breakfast is a joke. The staff serve breakfast in their normal clothes (health and safety issue) when they should have a uniform or at the very least a crisply laundered apron. Shown to a table, but not given a menu or asked whether we would like toast or tea/coffee and not directed to the cereals and fruit. Eventually called the waitress over to place the order and waited quite some time for it to arrive. Perhaps a heated buffet would improve things as clearly the kitchen and staff cannot cope.
When the food did eventually arrive it was just OK.

Room Tip: Back room away from noisy traffic
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear DevonShirley,

Please may I kindly ask you to contact me directly by email manager@corner-house.co.uk as I would like to discuss your experience with us in more detail.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The main issue with our stay was that we were unable to sleep due to the smell of smoke and the derogatory and loud conversations of the hotel staff taking their smoking breaks below our window. This occurred throughout the evening and night until well after 1.30am and started again with the arrival of the delivery drivers at 4.30am. Following the first sleepless night I approached a member of staff to politely ask if he could ask his staff to keep their voices down at night when having their breaks to which I was dismissively informed it was not staff but customers. From the conversations we had overheard we knew this was not the case so later my husband approached a different member of staff to reiterate the issue. This time we received an apology and an assurance this would not happen again which was appreciated. However we were again woken the following night at around 4.30 am by smoke and a loud conversation between a delivery driver and a staff member. On checking out I was asked if we had had a pleasant stay, so I advised this different member of staff about the issues we had had, she was polite and sympathetic and asked if I would write these issues down so that she could pass them on to her manager and advised I would be contacted by email. I have had no communication from the hotel following this and it is now over a week since we checked out. I have however had five automated emails asking me to review my stay which I never do usually so I thought I would do as they asked! In addition to this the room was dated with worn furniture, the toilet looked dirty and there was a thick layer of dust on several fixtures including the toilet roll holder. We did visit the hotel during a period of extremely hot weather and as there was no air conditioning or a fan in the room and the sash style window would not stay open unless propped this further added to the discomfort of our stay. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Rika T

Dear Rika T,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed 1 night at this hotel with my mother. Prior to going I had to change rooms from a double to a twin room. This was done at short notice with no hesitation also without asking we were given a ground floor room which was spacious and comfortable. We had a really nice stay I did have one complaint with being overcharged but this was sorted out without any problem.
The walk into town is only 5minutes but really you do not have to go anywhere the bar and restaurant are really good and there is a nice outside area that you can sit out to have your drinks. If ever in Taunton again I would certainly stay here. Staff were really nice and friendly. The staff were very attentive to my elderly mother who walks with a stick. The breakfast was was fantastic lots of choice. All in all a very enjoyable stay and very good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Sharonchas,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Corner House Hotel, Taunton.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and have passed your kind comments around the team.

Book Direct Save10% Voucher Code CHH10

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Had a really enjoyable experience at the corner house. Lovely large modern room and bathroom. Manager and staff very attentive and friendly. Food excellent and would certainly eat in the restaurant if visiting Taunton- breakfast was excellent. Very central location for the town centre.

Room Tip: Ask for the new modern double room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Janet J,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.