“A Nice Little Find So Give It a Chance”

The Corner House Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
“A Nice Little Find So Give It a Chance”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I made an on-line reservation at short notice. I booked the hotel as it was close to where I was conducting business.
The young lady on reception was very welcoming & efficient.
My room was quite basic & lacked air conditioning which was a shame.
However, the facilities suited but purpose.
Breakfast in the morning was very good & staff happy & attentive.
In general this was a very good stay & I would certainly stay again even though my particular room wasn't the best.
For the price, location & the breakfast, everything was well received by me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear F1xer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments which have been passed around the team.

We also do value your constructive comments as this is very important when we continually are reviewing our business.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon when I hope to get the chance to meet you.

Nigel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

this hotel looked and sounded really good when booking this on the internet.
on arrival we found the receptionist unhelpful. when we eventually got the keys to the room it was not what we expected. the room was rather small.
the bar and restaurant was expensive. we walked into Taunton early evening and found a very good bar and restaurant far less expensive.

Room Tip: avoid a room to the front of the Hotel the road is very busy throughout the night. quite noisy
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Terry S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am sorry that on this occasion you did not enjoy your stay with and as such please may I offer you my personal apology.

I do very much value your comments and would like to speak to you further in more detail - please could I kindly ask you to contact me at manager@corner-house.co.uk

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Pleasant staff and good food. However the room was small with no a.c. Breakfast has to be paid in addition to the room so it did make it a little more expensive than I had planned for. Room was clean and towels very large, which was great.

Dear Cdarragh01,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your constructive comments.

We are constantly reviewing our product and service and do very much value your comments.

If you were staying with us again then maybe try one of our Larger Double Rooms for a small supplement which certainly does give you a more spacious room.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Food and drink are definitely worth visiting this hotel for, and the customer service is very good. Had a couple of issues quickly resolved.
However:
The bedroom was in need of decoration and a deep clean and the skylights.
The towel rack above the bath was a hazard and even without this could not stand upright in the shower (I am average height) and the water pressure was a dribble.
This is definitely not the worst place I have stayed, but with more attention to cleaning it would make a huge difference.
Free wifi but challenging to get and maintain a connection

Room Tip: Avoid the attic, headroom in the shower is very poor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Zcwm,

Whilst I appreciate that you enjoyed our dining experience I can see that our accommodation did not meet your expectations - Please may I offer you my personal apology as this is not our usual standard.

We are currently planning the second phase of our refurbishment programme and have just completed our new Concept Bedroom.

We do have an ongoing deep cleaning programme and I have discussed your experience with our Head Housekeeper.

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

I look forward to speaking to you soon.

dublin
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Myself and my friend stayed here while my son was playing at A cricket festival. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was perfect for what we wanted as we were out most of the day! We did not eat in the hotel however the resturant looked lovely we just didn't have time. Overall I would recommend the corner house hotel as it is also very near all shops, bars, etc.

Stayed August 2014
Dear Tennismom9,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments which we have passed around the team.

We were pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

UK
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have stayed at The Corner House many times and can recommend it. The service is very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable and there is a good restaurant. Ok it is a combination of older buildings rather than a modern purpose built bog standard hotel, but that adds to the experience. We enjoy it and Taunton - the town centre is five minutes walk away
or take the Somerset Railway to Dunster for a great day out!

Room Tip: The annexe has larger rooms
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Geoff_Edwards,

Neath
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel in August as a stopover for visiting Montacute House, and were very pleased with the excellent value. The building itself is very pleasant, with helpful, welcoming staff. The bedroom was clean, comfortable and well-equipped. The breakfast was very nice, and overall I would recommend this hotel for it's good value, excellent location, pleasant staff, ample car park and comfortable night's sleep. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: The room facing the main road was rather noisy with the window open, so ask for a room in the back.
Dear Babsrees,