All reviewscompact roomsausagemini bartown centrefresh milk in the fridgepleasant stayfull englishbusy roadmain roadcricket groundevening mealhairdryercharacterstopover
Reviewed 18 September 2017

The evening meal and breakfast we had here was really lovely.
However, our accommodation was not located within the hotel but in the car park !!! It was freezing cold, damp smelling and had a huge water damaged mark on the ceiling. We complained and was moved to a flat which was located round the corner of the hotel. Again, freezing cold, old fashioned and stark furnishings.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2017

I am sorry to hear that you did not find Room 48 which is accessed off the car park suitable. The hotel was completely full the night you stayed and whilst there had been a leak from the room above the maintenance department had stain blocked and painted but I did inspect the room in the morning and it was obvious it required further treatment.

The staff moved you to an Apartment that was not due to arrive until the following day and so the heating had not been turned on but is controlled from within the Apartment.

On this occasion we did not deliver to our usually high standards and for this I am sorry.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I kind of liked this hotel, but I think more could be done. I stayed for few nights here, with emotions on this place.. The staff are welcoming and friendly. However you may see the same staff all the time, not sure they have a break..
Inside the hotel, the stairs are like something out of harry potter staircases, up, down, down up.. might need GPS to remember where you room is, but it does add to the excitement. The room well its the first hotel I have been in with a Saniflow, which randomly works. The room is ok, comfy bed. Floor is very creaky, so felt sorry for people below me. The bathroom had it own aroma, possibly caused by the Saniflow. The shower was my biggest disappointment, no pressure, just good enough to shower in.
In contrast to the room, the dinning was good. Food very good, service good. Parking if you have one of those massive 4x4 then you may find this a squeeze, certainly on exit. The cost of the parking is off-set with a voucher to spend at the bar, so that is a nice touch. Few people have moaned your getting something for nothing..
Would I stay here again.. possibly..

Room Tip: one on the top floor..
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us and I appreciate your feedback. I am glad you found the staff warm and welcoming and we are fortunate to have a steady team here at the Corner House so you do see the same people regularly but this does not mean they do not get their time off.

Sadly we have 4 bathrooms that have Saniflows in and this is something I would like to address and in an ideal world get rid of. I have literally in the last few days asked our plumbers to investigate and quote on the best way to do this.

Hopefully we will see you again.

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel has no lift and the stairs to the top floor are steep and narrow. If you have heavy bags or are not very fit be aware. The room was lovely. Fridge free fresh milk and cold water. Food very good dinner and breakfast.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

I was having a bad day until I read your kind review which reminded me why I am so fit. Yes running up and down those stairs does mean you need to be fit and nimble so I am pleased that we allocated you one of those rooms as you must as fit and nimble as I am.

On a serious note potential guests as access to the top floor is not suitable for all.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight for some
meetings in the area, hotel was nicely finished inside and bar area although lacking in atmosphere was nice for a drink, staff were very friendly, my only two slight issues with the room was that it was a bit damp and the bathroom needed a bit of a refresh but overall room was a good size, bed was incredibly comfortable and massive, room facilities were good. Enjoyed the stay, would stay here again when in the area

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for your review and I will investigate your 2 slight issues and get them resolved.

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Travelling from Northumberland to Somerset for a wedding I wanted somewhere I knew had a good reputation. I used to live in Taunton and knew it was meant to be a lovely hotel, and I was right. Staff couldn't have done anymore for me, asking if I would be dining with them and also giving me a voucher for the restaurant because I brought my car!
I hadn't booked breakfast and didn't realise, and I was quickly offered on arrival to upgrade for a reasonable price. The room was clean and tidy, plenty big enough for one person with everything you could possibly need. Breakfast was well needed, even if the hangover was beginning to take hold! The waitress and all other staff were very polite and made my stay brilliant!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
CHH01, General Manager at The Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Thank you for your review and I am so pleased that we lived up to the billing.