“Clean room, convenient location”

Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 12 February 2014

This is a good clean modern hotel, handy for the motorway traveller, being right by the M5. The rooms are clean and spacious. The double glazing shuts out the motorway noise. There are also hard and soft pillows on the beds. Bathrooms are well equipped. There's also free wifi. It's not fast, but will do for emails and limited downloads. You can pay more for faster wifi.
The downsides are also the location - it's a taxi ride if you want to go into town or eat anywhere other than the hotel or Harvester next door. Breakfasts were okay, but the hot food selection was limited.
But for convenience and cleanliness, this hotel scores highly.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel is a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
TauntonManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear D14

Thank you for your Comments and for taking the time to wright your review. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay and I have made sure the whole team have seen your comments as they are very motivating.

You are right we are not a town centre location and it is about a 20 walk into the town centre, a Taxi will cost around £8 to get into the town centre, however there are a number of other pub options within a 5-10min walk if you didn’t fancy the Harvester and the team are always happy to help direct and advise you to alternative places.

Thank you and I hope we will see you again soon,

Kind regards

Robert Holmes

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Had a one night stopover for a conference held in Taunton. Excellent room - clean & tidy. Staff polite & helpful. Everything you need here. Make sure you register your car at reception to avoid any charges.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights at the end of October. The room was clean and warm enough – there is a temperature control that you can adjust near the door. The bed was comfortable enough and also fairly spacious. The shower was very good, although I will concur with some other guests who have noted the lack of space around the vanity basin.
The buffet breakfast is adequate although not spectacular, and you will need to forgive those poor souls who either cannot read English or just choose to ignore the “in” and “out” signs placed on the entrance and exit of the buffet area for the convenience of guests who do give a damn.
Food is not really a problem as the Harvester (in the car park) is readily accessible and reviewed separately. The fact that is so close means that you are not worried about having a drink with your meal; and I believe that the beer is cheaper than in the hotel!
The car parking “scam” is obviously a concern for most people, and I think that the staff on reception could provide more information/help on arrival for people to log their car registration number into the system – this is something you do yourself, and I found that the “system” wanted to decide for itself what letter or number to enter, despite whatever you may think you had pressed! So beware! …and check that the correct registration has been accepted or you may find yourself receiving one of those fines!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Marlon69

Thank you for your Comments and for taking the time to wright your review. I am pleased that you had a good stay with us and I hope we will see you again very soon.

The parking system we have in place is never meant to cause any concern for our guest and it was in fact put in place to ensure our guest had somewhere to park when they arrived due to local parking abuse, I have relayed your comments to the rest of the team and we are looking at ways to improve the check in system to make the process as robust as possible.

However if for any reason anyone does receive a fine when they shouldn’t have if they contact the hotel direct we will of course ensure that this is removed with as little disruption to the our guest as possible.

Again thank you for taking the time to wright your review and for helping to improve the hotel for future guests.
Kind regards

Robert Holmes

Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here last about three months ago and several times prior to that. I have always found this to be an excellent Holiday inn express and backed this up in my reviews. This time however I would rate the stay as poor. The check-in as always was great with pleasant friendly reception staff. Was given room 147 on the 1st floor that smelt of damp. Had to open the window to get the smell out. Then I just couldn't miss the disgusting stains on the desk chair! No way was I going to sit on that!!( Management please please take a look it will make you feel sick!) The bed was clean and comfortable so that was good.
Breakfast the following morning I have to say wasn't great either, No sausages, so just left with terrible scrambled eggs( looked like powdered egg to me!) no apple juice and the orange juice was terrible! Cheese slices been there so long they were curling up on the edges! I'm sorry to say that I really thought that your breakfast standards have slipped. What a shame it used to be so good:-(

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
TauntonManager, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Phil1957

Thank you for yet another helpful review of the hotel and I’m glad you decided to stay with us again. Although I am devastated that you did not enjoy your stay with us on this occasions.

It is our promise, to have every guest leave us feeling like they have had a great experience and I am very sorry that on this occasion we did not live up to that promise. I would very much like to discuss this matter further with you, and as a loyal guest I hope you would feel free to contact me either by email dgm@expresstaunton.co.uk or by phone 01823 624000 so that we can try and resolve your concerns.

I really look forward to hearing from you and hope that you will visit us again soon, so that we can show you we are still the great hotel you have stayed in before.

Kind Regards

Naomi Holland
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We dread the odd night away in a hotel, you see I SNORE in a major fashion. So this translates as only one of us will get a nights sleep, while the other will be crawling up the walls waiting for morning. So when we found that we were able to obtain a discount that meant we could have two rooms for vey nearly the price of one. (Reasons for this aside) We jumped at the chance. The rooms were modern, clean, bright, warm, hard or soft pillows, decent flat screen TV, etc etc.
We arrived while a couple of sports teams were all booking in and it was extremely noisy in reception. Our hearts sank at the prospect of this lot getting on the outside of a quantity of ale and making a hige row through the night.
Our fears were indeed entirely groundless, We heard not a sound once we were esconced in our rooms, we both slept perfectly.
The scrambled eggs and sausages were to be avoided, but the cereals, fruit juice, tea coffee, toast etc etc was entirely satisfactory. All in all, well done Holiday inn!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

A real value for money two night stopover.

First impressions were good...location handy to town, local out-of-town and M5, Harvester next door and decent parking. Unlike some budget hotels the reception felt professional with smartly dressed, alert, smiling staff. A lift to all floors was also an unexpected bonus

Rooms were excellent - clean, flatscreen TV, tea and coffee, nice wide beds, crisp linen and pillow choice [two very good nights sleep into the bargain] and good shower. The only tiny niggles were not enough towel hanging space and no biscuits!.

Having a bar was a nice surprise, though budget it was not at over £11 for two Jack Daniels. Looks like I got doubles though I didn't ask for them. I'll check that next time.

Breakfast was complimentary...all you can eat: good cereal and drink choice plus sausage, egg , beans. muffins, croissant. Bacon would have been good as well but you can't have everything.

All staff actually [reception, breakfast, bar and domestic] looked pleased to see you and were always smiling and polite...clearly some good corporate training and decent local management.

I will certainly go back. At less than £50 per night this was real value.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed here with work the other day and have to say I was a bit worked before hand but there was no need. I have now stayed here twice, the rooms are comfortable, a good size and clean. The breakfast is basic but all there and there is a bar if you fancy a beer. The staff have been very helpful. Only down side is there is no evening food but the guys have a list of takeaway places and are happy for you to eat in the hotel. No problem staying here again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business