“Perfect for families”

Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 24 January 2011

We stayed on the night of the 20th, and were very impressed by the lady at the reception. She was smily, friendly and helpful. I don't ever write reviews, but I feel she deserves one!!
We payed £40 for 2 adults, a 6 years old and a baby excluding breakfast. Breakfast was free for children. Overall a very cheap option for families (in my experience it is difficult to find reasonably priced hotels as a family)
The room was clean and spacious, and perfect for a family.
Food amenities were quite dreadful.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank natlees
TauntonManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5 Jct 25, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Dear Lysylou2000

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are always looking for ways in which to improve the hotel and your comments are greatly appreciated.

Can I just take this time to confirm that all of our guest can enjoy our Express Start Breakfast Completely free. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we firmly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day so much so that we offer it free to every guest young or old.

As for the food amenities, as you would have found out, we don’t serve evening meals or Lunch in the hotel, but we do have a Harvester Pub adjacent to the hotel. If you’re not in the mood for the Harvester there are many fine Pubs and restaurants in the local area and our staffs are always happy make suggestions and give advice on a great place to eat. We also keep a large selection of local take-a-ways who are happy to deliver to the hotel so that you can either enjoy you meal in your room or in our lounge.

Again I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Robert Holmes – General Manager

Reviewed 19 January 2011

Stayed in August 2010 with my partner and had a fab time here. Close to motorway but not so close that you can hear the traffic. Staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgable especially when it came to recommending things to do in the area.
Breakfast was good, brilliant selection ranging from cooked (e.g sausage and scrambled egg) to continental (e.g. Cereal, toast, yogurts) all of which included unlimited hot drinks and juice. Like the way they leave you to make your own selection and its all included in the price.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We spent one night here on New Year's Eve, as we were attending a wedding nearby. I have to say we were so impressed by the helpful and friendly staff, it was wonderful. Although check-in is offically not until 3.00pm, we had to be changed into Black Tie and on a bus by 1.00pm and they had our room all ready for us, when we arrived at noon! As we were in a bulk booking, we got a reduced rate for the room, but I would have happily paid the rack rate, as it was faultless.

The bed was really comfortable and the room lovely and quiet, as requested. There were not even any plumbing sounds or doors slamming - which you frequently get in even the most expensive hotels. Our room was very large, with a couch, a super shower and it was all spotlessly clean. My husband forgot his shave gel, but they supplied this to him immediately. There is an ice machine (free) in the lobby and free wireless internet there too. There is still a charge for using internet in the bedrooms.

Free tea and coffee making facilities in the room were also very useful.

Check out was as quick and efficient as check-in and I think the staff here really ought to be congratulated for making this such a welcoming place. We will definitely stay there again, if we are in the area.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We stayed one night while visiting family. Our room was very clean, up to date & tastefully decorated. The beds were very comfortable and had really nice bed linen on them. It was a quiet night and we didn't hear much noise from outside or nearby rooms. Breakfast was complimentary and served in a nice breakfast room. The food was good, the hot food was 'hot' and the buffet was replenished and checked regularly. We had a very satisfactory stay & will return when we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2010

We arrived on the saturday night to be told at check in that breakfast ended at 11am.
When we went down on the Monday morning at 10am to be informed that breakfast has stopped at 9.30 we were very disappointed until a young lady called hayleigh told us to take a seat and asked us what we wanted and we were very plenty surprised that she had gone out of her way to arrange for us to have some breakfast and served us want we wanted.
Sunday morning was very hetic at breakfast and the staff were running around trying keep on top of everything but i must say even though hayleigh & the staff were very busy she always had a smile on her face, always polite and stopped to answer any guests enquires. A guest had commented that she though one of the staff was very quick and just looking at her was making her dizzy, but its better to see that then staff standing around and talking.
We were disappointed that the breakfast bar was very small and sometimes things had ran out but with the amount of guest that were actually in the breakfast area me and my wife thought the staff were excellent on doing their best in the situation.
We spoke to a elderly couple who said they were very pleased with the service they had received and the help they had when checking in and at breakfast as it was very hard work with a wife in a wheel chair but he commented saying that it was the best holiday inn express that he had stayed in and he couldn't fault anything and neither could me or my wife.
I have stayed at a few holiday inn express's and i have to say from checking in to checking out this is the best express me and my family have stayed in.
I think the staff are a credit to the company and a big thumbs up to the person responsible to employing them. Well done.
I will be recommending this hotel to family and friends and be using it in future.
If you ever have the experience of the customer service that we had at this hotel then you will be very lucky.
The rooms were clean and very light and the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank happytraveller1580
Reviewed 21 October 2010

The second time I have stayed there this month, they have changed the decor since my visit last year and updated the quilts on the beds. The beds now have 2 season king size quilts and they feel great and give a great nights sleep. The aircon in the rooms actually works I could to set it to what I wanted and it didn't re-boot itself during the night like some other hotels. They still use Cloud for wifi so 02 customers can hook up for free. The staff were friendly from checking in to exit. I always ask for a quiet room and they have always come up trumps. This last time the hotel was full so I had to book an access room and was pleasantly surprised. It had a double bed with lots of space and a wet room shower, with a seat which would be good for the elderly.
The local area is a bit limited for where to eat but there is a pub next to the hotel and the Holiday Inn Taunton is only a short way away. Yet with a Sainsburys with 24H petrol station only a 3 mins drive away, this hotel is well placed. I am not one for e breakfast but in this hotel its included in the price and some elements are hot. Only one minor issue they don't put decaf coffee in the rooms any more as it not seen as part of their brand image, but the staff said to ask for a couple of sachets when checking in.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I use this hotel very often. The staff are polite, the rooms are of a good standard and I have never had a complaint.

The hotel has joined force with the Harvester next door. You can ask for a voucher at reception which you can hand in when booking a table which opens a tab for food and drink. This then gets billed back to the hotel.

WIFI is £5.00 but by the end of 2010 they will have free access throughout the hotel.

Booked far enough in advance you can get a room at a very reasonable price. This hotel is always cheaper than the Holiday Inn around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business