Sadly we only stayed one night in the wonderful old Castle. We were there in late April and the Wisteria was in full bloom, what a beautiful sight as we drove into the Castle grounds. Our room was large and beautifully furnished, with a welcome drink and nibbles on the coffee table. We were taken to our room by a very helpful member of staff and made to feel most welcome. We had lunch in the garden (prawn sandwiches - delicious) and then explored the gardens and walked into town, all very interesting. Had dinner at Brass (restaurant attached to the castle) the food (lobster) and wine were all 5*. Breakfast was excellent. In all, our stay was one of the most enjoyable we had in the UK. I bought Kit Chapman's (the owner) book - history of the Castle and this really made my stay here complete as I felt I needed to know more about this enchanting place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle at Taunton, your hotel in the heart of Somerset. Whether you are exploring the finest landscapes of England's West Country, seeking a wedding or conference venue or looking for fun and exciting holiday activities for the entire family - The Castle Hotel offers unrivaled accommodation with plenty of warm, friendly hospitality to make your West Country business or pleasure visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Castle at Taunton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle At Taunton Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Taunton
- The Castle At Taunton Somerset