Living in Taunton, we wanted somewhere special to celebrate my 60th birthday, my wife found out about the Castle Hotel private dining experience, which is a private dining room in the penthouse of the hotel. It has a lovely dining area seating up to 14 people for dinner etc, with a relaxing lounge area. There were 12 of us, nine adults and three grand children.
I wasn't sure what to expect, but was very impressed with the standard of service, food and surroundings. The manager in charge of serving us (Rui) was excellent and very welcoming on our arrival, serving the champagne we had ordered as we relaxed before dinner. There was a fantastic terrace overlooking the town with some great views and had it been warmer we would have spent more time out on it.
The food was superb and everyone had a great time. I thoroughly recommend this venue for a special meal with a small group of family, friends or even business meetings.
We will certainly be using the facility again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle at Taunton, your hotel in the heart of Somerset. Whether you are exploring the finest landscapes of England's West Country, seeking a wedding or conference venue or looking for fun and exciting holiday activities for the entire family - The Castle Hotel offers unrivaled accommodation with plenty of warm, friendly hospitality to make your West Country business or pleasure visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Castle at Taunton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle At Taunton Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Taunton
- The Castle At Taunton Somerset