Stayed here for business and was really wowed by the welcome. Both in terms of the look of the hotel as you arrive and the warm and friendly staff on check in.
Rooms ok but the quality and freshness of the food is definitely worth writing home about.
During the evening we all opted for fish and chips from bar menu. It was one of the nicest fish and chips I've ever eaten. Hot light batter covering chunks of fresh tasty fish plus fries and minted peas a winner all the way.
The next morning more gastro treats waited in the breakfast room. A huge array of cereals and fruit, pastries and breads. Love it to when you get to chose from a breakfast menu which is cooked freshly for you. I opted got eggs Royale and the poached eggs were perfectly cooked, the sauce and salmon exquisite - brilliant breakfast.
The Castle delivered great value and went the extra mile on the stuff that matters.
Well done and thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle at Taunton, your hotel in the heart of Somerset. Whether you are exploring the finest landscapes of England's West Country, seeking a wedding or conference venue or looking for fun and exciting holiday activities for the entire family - The Castle Hotel offers unrivaled accommodation with plenty of warm, friendly hospitality to make your West Country business or pleasure visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your The Castle at Taunton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle At Taunton Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Taunton
- The Castle At Taunton Somerset