What a shame the castle thinks it is a luxury hotel. We experienced gaffs at the front desk, a rude night porter, tired bathroom, unexiting toletries, trully awful breakfast buffet experience, lack of attention to detail (it was our wedding night). I would have been so gutted if I had expected anything else but being from Taunton I knew it was a joke of a place and almost quite enjoyed the Fawlty Towers rudeness and incompetence of the staff and the english faded feel. Expensive joke though, shame they don't use the astromonical room rates to hire decent staff and for a badly needed refurb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Castle at Taunton, your hotel in the heart of Somerset. Whether you are exploring the finest landscapes of England's West Country, seeking a wedding or conference venue or looking for fun and exciting holiday activities for the entire family - The Castle Hotel offers unrivaled accommodation with plenty of warm, friendly hospitality to make your West Country business or pleasure visit memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Castle at Taunton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle At Taunton Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Hotel Taunton
- The Castle Taunton
- The Castle At Taunton Somerset