“Okay for one night!”

Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Dudley
“Okay for one night!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Booked family room for 1 night en route to Devon. Nice sized room with double bed and sofa and a separate room adjoining with two single wooden beds. Room could have done with updating - windows dirty, nets torn, bathroom could do with a good clean, but the bed was comfy and clean and plenty of towels.

The southbound services are open 24hours so all the eateries are accessible through the night. It consists of McDonalds, WH Smiths, Costa and a freshly cooked restaurant. This was particularly useful for me as I was suffering from tonsillitis and had a very high temperature during the night, and my husband was able to nip to the shops and get my plenty of cold ice cream and smoothies!

If the managers of the Days Inn is reading this, can
I pass on that the lady on reception that evening (Eileen) deserves 5 stars and some recognition for being a wonderful member of staff! My husband went down to ask if there was any fans (to try and bring my temperature own) and despite it being very warm, Eileen lent us the one she was using and we was able to use that for the night. It was VERY much appreciated as I was very poorly! Thank you Eileen!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

Just to assure you that all our rooms are cleaned after every guest departs. If you do find anything your unhappy with, please bring it to our attention so we can remedy the situation to your liking.
I will pass your comments to Eileen (she now rather famous), I,m sure she will be delighted to know of your comments.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

OK, lets cut to the quick, it is a room in a hotel (motel) in a service area on a motorway. It is never going to be luxury now is it? Bit warm (no aircon) and the usual half decent pillows and bed....not the greatest but not the worst...

BUT on the plus side the room was spacious, it had a bath or a shower, it had a TV, apart from traffic outside on the motorway is was quiet (we had the window open), AND BEST OF ALL via Booking.com it was only £30 for the room (room only, breakfast is £7.50 extra and offered by way of a £10 discount voucher off selected places around the services I understand).

SO.....if might only be average but at those prices well worth considering if you want to be in (say) Taunton early.

Room Tip: I suspect there are rooms that do not overlook the car park...they MIGHT be better
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello , and thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

Sorry you were a bit warm in your room during the spell of very hot weather. Just to let you know we do have a plentiful supply of fans available for guests , available from reception at any time.

Just a note..we have even BETTER deasl available from our own website, and of course if you enrol on the `Wyndhams Reward` loyalty scheme their are even more `FREE` benefits.

Hopefully you will stop with us again in the future.

Many thanks
Basildon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Sadly the taunton days has seen better days, clean tidy helpful staff and they take pets. A one night stay is ok and have to say staff more than helpful. I suppose ten year refurbishment was due as stated on the other side following week in sedgemoor and was delighted that this had been updated. Overall good experience and good dog walking, running, if my Springer is happy so am I

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thankyou for your comments.

I,m glad you had a good nights stay with us, and found us helpful, and the walking area for the dogs satisfactory( Don't for get the free parking, and reduced cost food vouchers to spend at the local restaurant.)

Hopefully you,ll stay with us again if your down in Somerset
London, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights with our dog - I chose it because it accepts dogs & is priced suitably for people on a tight budget; although our trip was mainly to visit a donkey sanctuary 30 miles away it was conveniently located for us travelling from London.

The hotel is set a long way back from the motorway & you can neither see nor hear the motorway traffic from it. When you leave you use the motorway, but when you return the satnav sends you to the back exit which is off a narrow country lane, there is a barrier & you press a button on a machine & it raises to let you in.

There was a cot in the room, I don't know why as we don't have any children as was indicated in our booking - I can only assume that all the rooms have cots. The pressure on the hot tap of the basin was low but there was very good pressure on the other taps, & I liked the fact that there was a temperature gauge on the bath/shower taps. The bulb on one of the bedside lamps had gone, I took it out & left it on the table, but the hint wasn't taken; I didn't bother saying anything for such a short visit - though I reckon if I had then it would have been replaced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi and thankyou for your review of our hotel.

I,m glad you and your dogs enjoyed your stay.
Sorry to hear about the water pressure..I cant understand why that is so I,ll investigate.

The cot was in your room due to it being a family room...which has a cot, 2 pull out sofa beds and a double bed to accommodate a larger family. Its set up like that at all times. Sorry if it was in your way.

Hopefully we will see you again .
Guiseley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

Conveniently situated, beds comfortable, husband treated me to slap up meal in McDonalds - a short walk away! Staff on desk super friendly and helpful. BUT the wifi connection was terrible and I eventually gave up trying to get pages to load.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Hello, and thankyou for the praise you've given our hotel..we do pride ourselves on being friendly and helpful ..
I,m sorry you had problems with our free Wi-Fi..we don't usually.

Hopefully if you stay again it will be fine, we look forward to seeing you.
Witham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here en route to Cornwall so was only looking for a cheap, clean bed for the night. It was cheap, only costing £30 for a family room and resonably clean, although the room was tired and needs updating. Would stay again if at the same price, otherwise there are better hotels in the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thankyou for your review,

We do like to provide affordable hotel accommodation., which with the ample free parking on site , we do our best to help keep costs down..
Wakefield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stayed for 1 night on our way to Cornwall. Excellent stop over. My husband has reduced mobility so we were given the accessibility room on ground floor. The only problem was the shower was in a bath so not accessible at all. (A shower can found in the attached service station in the disability toilet but you will still need to be able to step into it ) the beds were comfortable and the towels white and fluffy. Despite being on the motorway services there was very little disturbance from traffic. We ate at a Fresh Food cafe in the services building. This made an refreshing change from the usual junk food outlets also situated within the building.

Room Tip: Tell them what you want and if not what you wanted be polite and ask to be moved
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank norden34
nicodemus11, General Manager at Days Inn Taunton, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel..

I amm glad that your stay was to your requirements and that you had an excellent nights sleep.

I see you mentioned that you ate at the "Fresh food company" restaurant? I,m glad you enjoyed it and do hope that you took advantage of our special promotion meal voucher which for £7.50 allows you to have £10 worth of food! (and kids under 10 eat free of course)
Hopefully the next time you stay at our Days Inn it will be just as satisfactory for you.