“Perfect for birthday bash”
Review of Olio and Farina - CLOSED

Olio and Farina
Price range: US$8 - US$48
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A Brasserie style restaurant with an Italian twist. Situated in Somerset square, just behind the Brewhouse theatre. Open Monday - Saturday from 10am serving tea, coffee and drinks and lunch from 12pm until 3pm. Dinner is avaliabe from Wednesday until Saturday from 6pm.
Reviewed 3 December 2013

On the 30th of November a group of 40 people joined me to celebrate my 50th birthday. Prior to the evening the staff had been very helpful and attentive to our needs as we planned the way we wanted the evening to go. This eagerness to please and attention to detail continued during our night at O&F, when nothing we asked for was too much trouble. The restaurant, immaculately clean had been laid out in the way in which my wife had wished it to be. The food was excellent and served as quickly as 40 people can be served quality freshly cooked fare. From there on in it was eating, drinking, chatting, singing and dancing all the way. All our friends commended us on a great choice of venue and will be recommending O&F to others. I would like to thank all the staff at O&F for helping make my night so memorable and wish them a happy and prosperous Christmas season. I will be back and would recommend as a venue for an intimate meal setting and would highly recommend it as a venue for a group.

There are newer reviews for Olio and Farina

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Had a beautiful meal both in presentation and taste to celebrate my wife's birthday.
Couldn't have been better.
Great value and service as we'll
Will certainly return

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

I have had the pleasure of eating evening meals here with friends twice in the last month and during both occasions the food and service was faultless. There is a varied evening menu with lots of choice and a specials board which has been different each time.

Last week I had king prawns cooked in garlic butter to start and roast duck with celeriac dauphinoise for main. Both were delicious and have me salivating thinking of it whilst writing this review.

The service was attentive but unimposing with all little extras thought of. Needless to say, I will be back.

1  Thank TauntonF
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Our expectations were probably too high as most of the reviews about this place are really good but unfortunately we had a less than good experience with the food when we visited.
The greet on arrival was superb, as was the initial service. They appear to be very focused on service which is refreshing. Menus were explained and we had a drink while waiting for our table which was well presented and not crowded, another good point.
The food was, in our (all 6 of us) opinions well below what we were expecting. The mushroom starter was cold and tasteless, the main course hake was rubbery and a bit bland, one of the chicken dishes went back as it was cold and the puddings weren't overly appetising either.
Nothing was so bad as warranted a proper complaint (and we felt a bit guilty as it was all half price anyway as they have an offer on) but if it wasn't for the general ambience and good service we probably would have.
We figured that it was probably just bad luck and they were having an off night, or more likely the chef was not in and the waiting staff tried to cook the food in chef's absence.
Would we go back? Well probably just to see if it was just an off night. We hope it was

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Had a lovely meal at O&F on thursday night with a group of friends - as usual, the food was of a high standard (mackerel to start and duck to follow) and service second to none. A real gem of a restaurant, highly recommended :-)