“Good local”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: J D Wetherspoon
“Good local”
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

Regarding the past remarks of "Dole Orchard" I think hes gone over board. We frequent this pub often, as it is a local pub. Very friendly people and the staff are always helpful and friendly.

Martock, United Kingdom
“dole orchard”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I also call it the dole orchard, the place is full of local and frequent drinkers same old faces who seem to have nothing else to do, and all of the staff are very very rude, several of the staff hold a poor appearance, also I must mention the extremely rude supervisor/duty manager or whatever he is, unfortunately this young man is let down by the way he carries himself, when I asked to return drinks that were made wrong he proceeded to look at us with an evil manor and talk very rudely in a way that I find extremely demeaning, when we realised we were obviously not going to get a replacement we took a few mouthfuls of our wrong drink and just left, we urge people to not even bother visiting this place, its a shame because a lot of wetherspoons out there tend to be relatively civilised establishments, maybe its the wrong end of town I don't know but it definitely needs much much improvement, maybe even overhaul, it must be embarrassing for the wetherspoon brand surely, I suggest they send in a rep or something to fix things, even the cleanliness in there was poor, there was pieces of uneaten food on the floor and the toilets had used alcohol bottles in there, all in all an unwanted experience, it really surprises me how literally every member of staff behind the bar was so very rude with nasty comments about certain drink choices and complete non helpfulness. Crazy. We went to a local cafe instead.

Dear SIr,
We had the initial review you posted removed due to it's personal nature, and I do not feel it is appropriate to comment on the points you make given the circumstances surrounding your visit at that time.
London, United Kingdom
“Try this first”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have visited this wetherspoons 4 or 5 times when i am working in Taunton - i can get the bus into town from the station which will stop almost outside and then call a taxi out to my hotel.
I have always found this a nice friendly place which is apparently popular with local people. There are plenty of tables in different areas, so it is always possible to find a quiet space.

The service at the bar is very quick and efficient and i have always been served real ales that are in excellent condition by staff who are able to recommend them.

The food is fine for me - well cooked, hot and tasty and the table service staff are really interested in your opinion.

The toilets are very large, modern and hygienic.

So full marks from me.
So

Sharon Q, Manager at The Coal Orchard, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thanks for the great review :) Hope to see you again soon!
taunton
“Goodness me...you don't see that very often in a wetherspoons!”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Well, we tried the big hangar (the Perkin) at the other end of town but were recommended this place. Ordered drinks and food which came on time and correct but then something happened. My pint was a bit flat and I wasn't going to bother changing it when a young lady appeared and said that my ale didn't look right so just changed it. That's a first and as well as good food I couldn'trwcommend anywhere else for value.

Sharon Q, Manager at The Coal Orchard, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write the great review! We hope to see you again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Typicall”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Wetherspoons poor food, service and extremely noisy it just echoes so you can't hold a conversation if you wanted to, it,s known locally as The Dole Orchard which i think speaks for itself, the only good point about this pub it has a half decent patio at the back

Visited January 2014