“Birthday Meal”

Ranked #22 of 269 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$12 - US$27
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: At Zizzi we like to do things a little differently. We don’t do over-complicated recipes or scrimpy portion sizes. We’re all about the well-chosen ingredients, simply put together to make exceptional Italian food.Located on Magdalene Square, opposite St Mary's church, this old Tudor school house is beautiful, retaining all of its original features with high vaulted ceilings and arched windows over two floors. Dine al fresco with an outdoor dining area for sunny weather. And if you’re celebrating something special, see if our private dining area is right for you.
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Four of us dined on a Tuesday evening,the restaurant was about half full.Service was polite and efficient.Some of the tables are uncomfortably close to each other,which can hinder conversation/privacy and mean staff have to reach across some of the diners.
We had a three different starters,four different pasta dishes as mains and a couple of desserts.All courses were enjoyed and of a good quality and decent portion.
Drinks, as is the trend in this type of chain, were a little higher priced than the surrounding area,not a major problem,as we were there to eat.
Zizzi run a good voucher system available on-line would recommend you sign up.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We went to Zizzi with a client and got a table near to the open kitchen. The two chefs seamed very busy and it showed when the food arrived all three meals we very good and the sharer platter we did as a joint starter was equally good. The position was interesting because you got to see the meals being prepared it also means that you can see the hygiene standards that are being applied during preparation of your meal. This was the second time I have been to this restaurant and the location is much better than in the room to the left of the entrance.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The food was great value for freshly cooked tasty food. Love the building and the atmosphere. Great place to go in a group.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a Saturday night for my neice's
18th birthday .
It was ok, the food was nice but not great .
For the price I expected better. The service was very friendly, sometimes a bit to friendly because of the positioning of the table, the waiting staff had to lean across in front of fellow diners to deliver our food, a bit akward .
Also I don't like service charge included as I like to make my own mind up as to how I rate the service .
The venue it's self was pleasent enough . Over all ok but won't be rushing to go back.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We have eaten at a Zizzi only twice before but have had good experiences until we visited this restaurant. It was such a large building with a very high ceiling that it was difficult to gain any sense of atmosphere because it all seemed so "industrial". We initially sat near a radiator under a window, as it was a chilly evening, but the cold down-draught was stronger than the heat so we had to move to another table.

The food was good but the woman who served us was extremely off-hand and spent most of her time chatting, in another language, to a table of, who we presumed, were her friends. She didn't appear to have any people-skills and we felt as if we were being a nuisance, just by needing to be served. Indeed we did feel that she would be better suited in employment in an area where she didn't actually come into contact with customers! (I notice an earlier review said "when a larger lady served us I felt that we were a burden on her" so I guess we shouldn't feel as if we had been singled out by her, as this is her description.)

I have to admit that I feel very uncomfortable when people in the service industry do not speak English as they could be talking about customers without them knowing and, as she made it obvious she didn't really take any pleasure in serving us, this could have well been the case.

We recommend Zizzi but we really didn't enjoy our meal at this one at all.