“Amazing! ”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

What an amazing quaint place.....atmosphere, character, quality and the most amazing food and wine ever!!...will definitely be back in the very near future!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

From the moment we walked in we felt welcomed by a cheeky manager. Eric was the most odd host ever!! His jokes and attitude were funny and challenging. It took a few minutes to get used to.

The internal decoration is quirky and the fact that you need to ring the bell means you cannot and will not be ignored once inside the restaurant.

A piano player arrived and I felt it really made the atmosphere. I am usually a quick diner, in at 6 out by 8. But I really took my time here. As there is only one person working in the kitchen (Svetlana I would guess) I had no choice either.

The food was good, the way we were treated odd yet amazing, the atmosphere great.

If you want to take your time and enjoy a good meal with a great atmosphere then this is the place. If you don't fancy a cheeky chat or you just want a quick bite then this is not the place.

A great time, fantastic atmosphere and good food.

2  Thank 202,164
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Don't visit Eric & Svetlana's brilliant restaurant if you want fast food, don't visit if you want to be ignored, don't visit if you want to be a dormouse in the corner.......................... Only visit Svetlana's if you want a service second to none, food fit for kings and an experience like no other in the UK!!
From ringing the bell for entrance, to Eric's repartee and Svetlana's stunning cooking (and the lady pianist) the whole evening was like no other restaurant experience - go prepared to eat at Eric's pace (expect about 2-2.5hrs for your meal so no FASTFOOD here) and you'll leave with a huge smile on your face!!
And the best surprise of all? The price - a fixed price menu which I cant see being beaten anywhere else given what is prepared in the tiny kitchen by Svetlana - well done to you both!!

2  Thank birdcontroller
Reviewed 26 May 2013

This was a second visit to this restaurant just to make sure that we had not been dreaming the first time. We had not been dreaming. The second visit was to celebrate a bunch of us reaching the grand old age of 60 and our friends were not disappointed. The food once again was outstanding. The ceoliac meal produced especially for the lady concerned was described as "the best ever gluten free bread she had ever tasted"
I wish I could find more special occasions to go more often, But I don't know if my waistline could take it !!! A really great night out.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Food.....Delicious
Welcome.....Warm
Ambiance.....Relaxing
A charming and unique dining experience.
We will be returning as soon as we can