“Great lunch”

Ranked #94 of 270 Restaurants in Taunton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Had the pleasure of having lunch with Dean and his team,great lunch,at £17.95,for 3 courses very affordable,nice wine,friendly efficient service,in lovely surroundings,will certainly go back.

1  Thank Crids69

Reviewed 6 January 2013

As a seasoned traveler, I have had the opportunity to eat in some of the best Restaurants and some of the worst in the world, but "The Mount Somerset" is in a world of its own, in being one of the worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, they give you little samples of deep fried stuff, that must have been bought in,, and the bread rolls are the smallest I have ever seen, and the the starters and mains, would not even feed a child, I saw on man eat is main in three mouth fulls, the Chef should hang is head in shame,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this style of cooking died years ago, people want value for money not ripped off, there is a two coarse for £42.00 and three £49.00 however, if you only have a main, its a plate of food for £42.00 that would not feed an adult, take my advice, find somewhere else to eat,you have been warned, and my last point is that the reastaurant, is like eating in a Funeral Parlour no atmosphere

Reviewed 31 December 2012 via mobile

Celebrated husbands birthday with the tasting menu with matched wine which was deliciously cooked and presented.

At £200 for us both it was expensive but it was a special occasion and we got to try wines and good food we probably would not have picked ourselves, like the stinking bishop cheese which was an acquired taste!

Waiter was knowledgeable explaining each course and the wine well despite only having been there 5 days.

Would recommend venison and the soufflé especially and the port was also really nice.

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I have had a la carte before but I did not consider it value for money, £49.50 for 3 courses so I went for the all day menu. I had a very good parsnip soup with lovely hot rolls, then beer battered fish of the day(coley) and chips then creme brulee with sorbet. And a nice glass of orange juice. Very good service. None of the courses could you call substantial but that was fine for eating at 8pm. cost about £25. Quite full the restaurant.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

The food and service was amazing, with our deal we got afternoon cream tea upon arrival then our evening meal. Canapés in the lounge while choosing our food, we were then taken to the dinning room where we had 3 courses, we then took our coffee in the lounge that was accompanied by some amazing chocolates.