“Every one needs a Cedric front of house.”
Review of Augustus

Augustus
Ranked #5 of 257 Restaurants in Taunton
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Every one needs a Cedric front of house.”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

After visiting Augustus again last night for a meal, it was once again as expected , FAULTLESS.
The food cooked to perfection.
A beautiful wild boar steak that was just perfectly cooked.
And it seems no matter how many people are eating, no body is ignored or not attended to immediately .
This is a skill worth it's weigh in gold as no matter how good the food , if the service is bad the whole thing leaves a nasty taste in the mouth .
We need to learn from the French and train more front of house staff appropriately .
Trust me, it makes all the difference.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank ttlady1

• Hebrew first
Chard, United Kingdom
“Last minute- but accommodated us”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We turned up without booking a table (very silly) and were welcomed and seated straight away even thought they were fully booked. Our meal was without fault and enjoyed the great atmosphere of a busy lunch time restaurant.
Thank you for making Mums Birthday one to remember.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Heather W
“A M A Z I N G”
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Food is actually to die for, me & my friends couldn't find anything to fault. I had the ribeye steak, think this could have been the best steak I've ever had, just melted in your mouth. I wanted to try everything just looked so good. Service was brilliant, they did an amazing job of looking after. Everyone in the restaurant wasn't missed out. Will be back for sure. I can not wait. Will be spreading the word around about Augustus. My new favourite place :) they should be very proud of the restaurant.

1 Thank Lauren J
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I happened to spot on Facebook that there was a late cancellation on Good Friday so nudged my husband to take me out for a meal. Having been to Augustus before I knew we wouldn't be disappointed and the food was even better than we had remembered from previous visits. Yes it is pricier than some other places in town but you get beautifully cooked, fresh, well presented food for your money and it really is worth it. My husband had the scollops which he said was "fantastic" followed by Richard's signature duck which was by all accounts exceptional. I had a stunning risotto with a fillet of fish (can't remember, think it was Talbot) and we finished off our meal with a classic sticky toffee pudding (which rarely disappoints). Just a really lovely meal in a cosy setting and feel very lucky to have this option in town when you feel like giving yourself a real treat. Thanks to Richard and the team for another stunning dining experience.

• Visited April 2014
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Birthday dinner”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

A friend of mine booked this restaurant for 14 of us to celebrate my birthday. We had a menu of three starters, three mains and three deserts. Given our numbers, we did not have availability of the full menu and had to pre-order.
However, the food was excellent and the service was impeccable. The atmosphere was relaxed.
My only gripe would be that it is a very small restaurant and tables are close to one another. All considered though, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and intend to go again.

• Visited April 2014