“The perfect destination to eat at whether it's for a special occasion or just a meal out.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Jasmine - CLOSED

Thai Jasmine
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Before coming to here, I was a bit sceptical since I saw a few bad comments about the restaurant, however I looked past the awful judgements and went to try it out with some few friends and I was very surprised as I found out that many of the negative reviews were very melodramatic and exaggerated. There was no need for the rude comments about the restaurant as it is all round a 5 star quality
Restaurant.
I've now been here many times and every return has been a wonderful experience. The food is absolutely top quality, packed full of different spices and flavours and is definitely by far the best Thai restaurant in Taunton. The atmosphere is lovely and tranquil with calming Thai music to set a positive and relaxed vibe; the service is very welcoming and the little asian waitress is both very friendly and adorable who is also very conversational towards customers making us feel at home. I will definitely be coming back here many more times and would definitely recommend to friends and family.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank KrystalJeng

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful Front of House Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Went in as a family of 5 over the easter holidays and was sat at a very sticky, poorly presented table, accompanied by extremely bright non-atmospheric lighting, and waitresses who I can only describe as moody teenagers with lazy attitudes.

After taking our order, with no idea whatsoever about the menu (she had to go to the kitchen in between to clarify) it took approximately 30-40 mins for our starters to arrive, and the restaurant only had 3 other tables in. I must add, in between serving our starters, our waitress decided to start cleaning other tables.

After our starters were cleared, no second drinks were offered, no water for the table, not even a courtesy ask if everything was ok with our entrees!

Our mains were delivered, and one of our parties rice was still in an extremely hot cellophane bag. We questioned this to the waitress, for her to reply "Well i didn't cook it!".
The restaurant started to clear by this point, leaving us with two girls giggling and what looked like checking their phones whilst we ate. They then started to separate and shift tables around making the whole atmosphere uncomfortable... Again, we were all dining with empty glasses and no offer of a second drinks round from our waitress. We were that agitated by this point that we wanted to eat as fast as we could and get out of there!

We then sat there for a good 5 mins to finished plates, whilst we watched the two girls counting change together and chatting. We had to ask for our plates to be removed to a reply of "Oh... *roll of eyes*, sorry".

We asked for the bill and to speak to management. A lovely thai lady came out and expressed her apologies. She removed £10 from our bill, which made it just under £100 for an extremely disappointing service and experience.

The one thing I would like to add, is that the main courses were delicious. It's just such a shame about everything else, as I can confirm I will not be re-visiting... and unless there is a big staff change and an investment to table cloths to stop our elbows from sticking to the tables, I would not recommend a visit either.

• Visited April 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Excellent Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Went here for the first time and we can honestly say we were not disappointed.
The service, food & the company were first class.
An enjoyable evening from start to finish

• Visited April 2014
Taunton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food at this authentic Thai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We have been to this little Thai restaurant on a few occasions now and it never disappoints. The food is authentic with lots of fragrant flavours, plenty of menu choice and a decent wine list. The staff are very attentive and polite, I regularly eat out at some nice restaurants in Taunton and this is one of the best.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Kate W
Taunton
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

This is where I go for something special - a personal service like none other. The Thai restaurant owner is a lovely lady, incredibly friendly and welcoming. She even gave us a little thai massage as we waited for our food! The food quality is exceptional. Beautiful fresh flavours and great service throughout. We opted for a set menu with several courses -I think we paid around £25 for the food although we could have chosen something less extravagant had we wished to do so. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys genuineThai food.

Visited October 2013