“Brilliant”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Was visiting grandson and wife and great granddaughters when I stayed here. Brilliant room, no extra for being a single and the breakfast was excellent. Had a snack in the bar area in the evening which was also excellent. Will definitely stay here again, in fact have already booked my Xmas trip.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Chris F, Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 10 November 2011
I do hope that you had a delightful time catching up with your family.
It's great to know that you were so happy with your stay and we look forward to seeing you again over the festive period.

It's also great to remember that life isn't just about business meetings!

Thank you for taking the time to post such a kind review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
West Sussex UK
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Stayed here with family using my points! Everything one expects from a Holiday Inn, food good service excellent, daughter complained the sofa bed was not that comfortable, but hey, she is 14, she complains about most things. She liked the trouser press tho for warming her Pyjamas up. All in all very good.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank steve1708
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 4 November 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We hope to see you again real soon.
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights while attending our nephews wedding. Our room was very nice with 2 seater couch, tv, kettle, coffee/tea making supplies, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, trouser press.
Lots of pillows,choose from firm,soft, synthetic or feather.4 pillows on the bed and 2 more spare in the room Our only moan would be duvet hardly overed sides of the bed.
Bathroom good sized, plenty of towels and heated towel rail.Toiletries replaced every day. Shower had good water power and nice hot water.

Excellent choice for breakfast, fruit juices, fresh fruit, cheese and ham, cereals, variety of cooked breakfast dishes and would also cook kippers on request. Variety of breads and spreads, even had marmite which put them top of the list with me. Tea/coffee brought to your table and supplied de-caf of both, another plus for me.

The staff went out of their way to be helpful, we asked at the front desk for extra milk and my husband asked for shaving cream both of which was supplied with no problem.

My senior citizen Mother was arriving very late off a flight and they kindly went and turned up the heat in her room so it would be warm for her on her arrival. On the morning of departure my Mother wasn't feeling too well, the hotel staff allowed her to rest in her room until she was collected by family members asking several times if there was anything she needed, they couldn't have been more helpful.

There was a lovely Harvester restaurant within walking distance to the hotel and we enjoyed 2 meals in there. Within driving distance there is Sainsburys, Asda, cinema and bowling alley.The town centre of Taunton is not far to drive but BE AWARE it is all meter parking on the main road although there are several pay and display carparks.The town centre has many big shops, next, debenhams,dorothy perkins being only a few. We didn't have time to view too much in the area but there seems to be lots for family entertainment.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review.
It is great to hear that our team have responded so wonderfully to your needs. Although it's what we do - it's always nice when it's recognised!
I do hope we have the opportunity to look after you again very soon.
NI
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Recently stayed in this hotel for a wedding. Hotel was good location, nearby Taunton, Sainsburys, bowling, cinema etc.
Check in and out was straight forward. Room was good size with good bed and pillows. Found the duvet quite small though so 2 people sharing may have tug of war during night.
Wifi was offered but £5ph or £16 per day I thought was bit much- been to a lot of cheap hotels where this is offered free- but that's in other countries, maybe UK is still catching up.
Breakfast was good choice, although I found cooked breakfast a little under done for my liking.

It had a gym and pool free for guests, but I didn't use it. Looked ok though, but I don't like how people outside can see in to gym, I think I'd prefer a little privacy while I'm struggling on treadmill.

Overall good hotel- if I was in area again I'd probably stay here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank HouseACA
Many thanks for your kind review.

Regarding our breakfast, next time you are here please just ask a member of my team - we would be more than pleased to ensure it is cooked to your liking.

Hope to see you again soon.
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Boyfriend is staying here with work so I visited over the weekend. The breakfast was nice, they even let me make a bacon sandwich and take it back to my room do I could have my breakfast after my swim. There was a nice packet of Jaffa cakes in your room to munch on.

• Stayed October 2011
You can't beat Jaffa Cakes can you!

Great to hear that you had a nice weekend. See you again soon!
Wales
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We used this as a stopover on a weekend in the West Country. We arrived in the early evening and were checked in quickly. Our room was on the ground floor, clean and tidy. The only problem was that our double room was two singles zipped together. While usually this wouold have been fine on this occasion it meant that one side of the bed (mine) was about 6 inches from the wall. This made getting in and out quite difficult (especially as I had a bad back at the time). It also meant I had to put my tea and water on the floor as there was no bedside table.
Dinner was fine, the usual menu but plenty of choice. Breakfast was equally good with plenty of choice. Best of all was the pool which was emaculate and quiet, just right for a quick swim before breakfast.
Check out was fast and efficient and the staff were reasonably knowledgable about the local area as we were having to chanfge our plans because of my back.
We're planning on a return trip but this time staying for longer than one night so that we can get the best out of all the facilities.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Me and my wife stayed here on a saturday night as we where heading down to Cornwall and took advantage of my priority club reward. Check in was very smooth and efficient and Daniel was very helpful, even though he said he wasn't from that hotel he was very knowledgeable with the hotel facilities and menus. Dinner in the restaurant was very nice and reasonably priced. The only down fall was that someone set off a fire alarm so we had to leave the hotel at around 1am, No problem atall as a health and safety rep for my company I know that the safety of everyone on the building is paramount, how ever the staff on duty wernt very informative and it took a long time for the fire service to arrive, Daniel did keep us all up to date with information over the loud speakers but when trying to get hold of another member of staff to find out was happening no one really knew, thankfully it was a false alarm and we all went back in around 40 minutes later. Breakfast the next morning was very tast and Christine on reception was very pleasant on check out. This is one of the better holiday inn's I have stayed at and one of the most pleasant reception teams I have come across. Will defiantly be returning next summer when we go to Cornwall again. Thank you to everyone for making it such a pleasant stay.

• Stayed October 2011