“Best Holiday Inn I have stayed in for a while!”

Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Chester, United Kingdom
“Best Holiday Inn I have stayed in for a while!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

Really comfortable bed and quiet ( two things you need when away with work!) Also clean and rooms reasonably presented.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 30 June 2012
Thank you - great to hear we have got it right for you!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2012 via mobile

Holiday Inns strangely don't like putting plugs beside the bed for some reason, and don't provide free wifi. Room was otherwise ok.

At breakfast, with several members of staff standing with hands behind their back, I asked for a takeaway cup for my coffee and a member of staff pointed at a table maybe 10 feet away. I had to get up from my breakfast to get one instead of him getting me one which I found surreal as there was so many staff members around.

• Stayed May 2012
Thank you so much for your review.

We are really working hard on our breakfast standards at the moment and really making sure that we put our guests right at the heart of everything we do. I am so sorry that you did not receive the type of attentive service we so often deliver. My team are working hard to put this right.

Thanks again

ROCHDALE
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Stayed here re a business conference and have no complaints.
Staff were extremely pleasant on arrival and advised of where the spa, bar and restaurant could be found before directing me to my room.
The room was spacious with a nice sized bathroom, freeview TV, iron and ironing board.
Evening meal was excellent and there was plenty of choice re breakfast.
The only negative comment I would make would be the chargeable wi-fi facilities, not a big issue but so many hotels now offer free wi-fi and I think (?) that free wi-fi is available in the Holiday Inn Express just across the road! I may be wrong and if so I apologise but it would be nice to have free wi-fi.
Would I stay again, definately!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much.

Although Wi Fi is complementary in the Lounge at the HI Express, it is charged for in the bedrooms.

I do hope that our service and hospitality are such that you will choose us again next time!

Thank you again for taking the time to post a review.

Kindest Regards

Coedpoeth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2012

First time visit to this hotel although I'm very familiar with the brand. Easy to find and reasonably priced with helpful friendly staff the facilities are good with both fitness suite and pool. Food was excellent the evening meal in the restaurant was well prepared and service was very friendly. The duty manager was visible and in fact was out and about talking to guests which was a very nice touch. I'd recommend this as a good place to stay or stop over in you are on your way to Cornwall.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 6 May 2012
Thank you David - it's very kind of you to take the time to review us.

I hope we can look after you again soon.

Kind Regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I have written previous reviews on this hotel as I use it often. Everything before still stands, only stay here if price is right, otherwise you can use the express next door.

However since my last stay this hotel have introduced a themed buffet evening on Wednesdays which, if your lucky enough, to be staying over on a Wednesday will be a great treat for you.

The gym/pool attached is still a great addition for the hotel. The staff are also still very helpful and chatty which is a nice touch given most hotel staff are not interested.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you so much for writing a review.

Our theme nights are starting to get a lot of attention - with the Indian Night definitely the most popular.

So much so, that we are thinking of making every Wednesday: Indian Night!

Also look out for Steak Night, and Sunday Lunch - both coming soon!

Hampshire, UK
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I have stayed here one night every week for the last 4 weeks for work and on the whole it ias been great.

There is a fitness room and pool on site, rooms are quiet and comfortable, and the breakfast buffet is great (priced ad £9.95pp).
Staff on reception are very helpful and welcoming and recognised me by the 3rd week, and made sure I was in a double bed without asking, as someone had switched me to single beds (whcih is naughty as I had booked a double).

If I had a couple of small whinges they would be that the hairdriers in the drawer are in the most awkward place and don't really stretch properly so I now bring my own, and also that checkout in the morning can be painfully slow, although as a trade-off, there is a nice member of staff that offers to make you a take-away cup of coffee for your journey, which is a very nice touch. Or you can make one yourself as the table with all the tea/coffees etc is right by the entrance door.

By the way, I now know they offer automatic check-out if you use the form in the pack in your room, or ask for a form when you check-in, so I will be doing that in future.

There is a Harvester pub about 4mins walk away that is reasonably priced if you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant.

Book early for the best price...Will be returning here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words.

As I write, Gemma, Reception Manager here at the Holiday Inn is briefing her team on the "Express Check Out" facility that we offer. Essentially (as you say) just check your bill through the TV in your room, fill in the form, and leave it in the little box located at Reception.

Some of our regular guests actually settle their accounts the night before which can also save time.

We like to have a quick chat with our guests in the morning - but completely understand that some want a very quick getaway. Hope it works for you (Don't forget to grab that coffee off us though!)

york
Reviewed 23 April 2012

spent 3nights for my - - birthday with my family could not fault any of the obliging and friendly staff the food was great there were games for the kids and i liked the fact there was an interacting manager who actually cared for the guests. Thanks for making a birthday to remember. Keep up the good work would definately recommend.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
So so pleased that we helped you to make some lovely memories of your Birthday.

I really hope that we see you all again soon.

Kindest Regards and Best Wishes