Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$98
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Taunton East(Taunton)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
All reviewshealth clubswimming poolduty manageron arrivalwi fireception staffwe've stayeddouble bedevening meallounge areawest countryfamily roomstayed one nightgood nights sleepbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I stayed here for 9 nights. I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. The front desk gets very busy so queuing time can be long. The only thing that wasn't great was I requested an extra duvet as I get cold easily but the cleaner took it and didn't replace it which was annoying as I had to go and request another when the front desk was busy. I also found a dirty towel on the towel rail. I enjoyed the breakfast each morning. I found there is a variety of different food to eat (I liked the croissants with local apricot jam). I made use of the gym and swimming pool which I thought were very good. I preferred to use it first thing in the morning or late evening to avoid the kids. All in all I enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Thank you so much for the feedback. We are always looking to improve and constructive comments such as yours really help us focus.

Thank you so much - and great to hear that my team looked after you (and you liked the local Jam!)

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Our family stayed here on 20th Oct (Sat )for a family Christening and it was rather an early start as we had to be at the Church for 9. am on the Sunday so we requested an alarm call, we NEVER received an alarm call and even checked with the receptionist who checked a notice board and confirmed we were due to have received it!

Well as this is a fairly standard request in most hotels nowadays it's hardly asking for much and booked with a chain hotel thinking you usually get trained staff with a basic knowledge of customer support.
We also requested a quiet room location which we never got as we were directly over a car park and our room was next to a dividing corridor door! What idiots!!
Hence, we arrived late to our Christening and to make matters worse for us we were God Parents too, so you can imagine what other people were thinking about us which to be honest leaves us feeling rather stupid and won't make this mistake ever again! The mistake being that we will NEVER stay in a Holiday Inn again!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. Our alarm call system is automatic so I wonder if you would mind calling me personally on 07736 746098 so that I can investigate further into whether we have a problem with the system. I would hate for any of my guests to be inconvenienced in such an awful way. Please accept my most sincerest apologies and I do hope you will give us and Holiday Inn a chance to make it up to you one day.
Warmest wishes

Reviewed 18 October 2012

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel and although the Hotel Itself and the staff were very nice, we were very dissapointed with the thin walls. you could hear people talking in the next room and someone snoring all night, also when the taps were used in the bathroom you would think they were in ours. Also the worst nights sleep we have had in a long time. The duvet was the same width as the bed with no overlap at the sides and with 2 people in the bed it left big gaps all round. Also the pillows were the worst I have ever used in any hotel. There was a choice of Firm or Soft, but as I say "the worst I have ever used" Very dissapointed.

Room Tip: I don't know if they had more expensive rooms and if they did whether they would be any better.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for posting a review. Great to hear your praise for my team, but gutted to hear that your nights sleep was not a good one. Please call me personally on 07736 746098 ahead of your next stay so that I can do everything possible to ensure a quiet room and no noisy neighbours.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Having stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on previous occassions I was expecting little from this Holiday Inn. Not a fan of Holiday Inn Express due to dissatisfaction with the brand (a bit like a prison, but at least a prison has onsite eathing facilities)

Anway, nice wecolme with big public area and open plan bar and restaurant that had a nice feel to the place and staff (...we'll forget the Christmas tree in the corner in September!). Internet not free which is another of my gripes but hope that as these big chains come out of legacy deals, they will reflect this to customers

Room fine (just wish it had Sky Sports) with comfortable bed and well equipped bathroom. Buffet breakfast the next morning was good in terms of service, choice and quality - nothing to fault here!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank phileasfoggtmc
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2012

Arrrrggggghhhhh - the Christmas Tree is just there to promote Christmas Party bookings and really is not a permanent fixture (honest!).

(yes, thats right - we still have places available on our popular Christmas Party nights - just call 01823 281685!!!!!)

Thank you so much for your review - glad you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to seeing tyou again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Nice hotel, just what I expected. Good to har a bath in the bathroom. Internet isn't complementary and quite expensive to buy. Restuarant in the hotel and very few places to eat within walking distance. There is a Harvest within a few minutes walk. Fitness club on site.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank DBoothey

Great to hear. Sounds like you needed a quick, clean and comfortable nights stay and am glad we fitted the bill.

I do empathise with my guests regarding Internet charges. However because of the initial investment made we can not yet offer this service completely free.

Just to make it clear, the charges for internet use are as follows for the time being:

One Hour - £5.00
Four Hours - £10.00
Twenty Four Hours - £16.00

Twenty Four hours use is given complementary to any Conference Organiser at the hotel.
One hours use is given complementary to anyone booking an executive room.

We do have a reliable and speedy service - and I hope our friendly happy approach to hospitality makes up somewhat for the charges.