Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewshealth clubswimming poolduty manageron arrivalwi fireception staffwe've stayeddouble bedevening meallounge areawest countryfamily roomstayed one nightgood nights sleepbreakfast was excellentcooked breakfastyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 December 2012 via mobile

Booked for £49 with booking.com. Bargain.

Right by motorway. Good rooms. Nice pool and sauna. There's a gym as well. Sky tv in bar,

Best bit was service, which was really good. Friendly helpful staff that made it easy and enjoyable

• Stayed: December 2012
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2012

Thank you so much.

Offering consistent warm and friendly service is our ultimate aim, and it is so good to hear when our guests let us know that we are on the right track.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

We stayed here for a weekend away to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We wanted to see a few things and having stayed here before this seemed the ideal choice. The staff were very helpful and although the hotel appeared to be full up there wasn't a lot of noise or waiting for meals.
We had dinner in the restaurant both nights and when the waiter found out it was our anniversary (not difficult when we ordered champagne) he arranged a firework in my pudding which was a lovely surprise. Breakfast had a lot of choice and they didn't start clearing away until 10.30 rather than the 15 minutes before as is often the case.

Room Tip: I wouldn't go for an executive room as they're the same size as the others and you can;t use the bathrobes to go the pool as you can in some other Holiday Inns.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Happy Anniversary!!!!

......and thank you so much for your kind review. Next time I eat in the Resataurant I'm going to ask for a firework!

Hope to see you again really soon.

Reviewed 30 November 2012

I stayed here for a couple of nights whilst working. On arrival, reception were extremely pleasant and helpful. Hotel has ample free car parking and is easy to find and access.

Room was a little dated and tired, but perfectly adequate for my needs and a short stay, although it was almost impossible to shower without drenching the floor! Usual provisions made such as soap, shampoo, tea and coffee etc.

Bar and lobby area is very modern and comfortable with pleasant staff and a good range of drinks. Restaurant had a reasonable menu, although not extensive and some things had ran out. It was also quite pricey. On the second night however, there was some sort of function and the hotel guests who wished to dine were put in a small side room with bright lights and no atmosphere. I felt a bit let down to be disregarded this was as usually hotels put their guests first.

In summary, this hotel is good and what I expected so I would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you so much for your review - and your very kind words about the hotel and our team.

However - I must apologise if there was a lack of ambience in the dining room on the second night. I shall personally ensure that we work harder and plan better to ensure that this doesnt happen again.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 25 November 2012

The attention from the front desk and cleaning staff was first rate. The room was on the small size but perfectly adequate and comfortable. My husband had some problem with keeping the water inside the shower curtain as he is tall! Very little has changed since our first visit about 25 years ago so the style of the place is somewhat dated. It used to have a good restaurant but that seems to be no longer the case. Breakfast was OK. There were business meetings so the hotel was busy. The front desk staff were very obliging about serving drinks at any time (the bar is open 24/7).

Room Tip: Sleep away from the motorway direction.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Chris F, Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2012

Thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 20 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights. Room fine. Pool great. Breakfast is too expensive go to Sainsbury cross the road! Now we booked an alarm call on day 1 it didnt happen we were late! We Didnt book one on day 2! We got one at 0600! We complained! Thats a pitty came the answer! Thats a pitty! BOOK WITH CAUTION!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank mancunian007

I am so sorry about your alarm call. We have had a couple of issues with our automated system recently - I am pleased to say that these have been resolved and really thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I am now selling discounted breakfast vouchers at Reception. These do need to be purchased in advance but are excellent value for an "all you can eat" buffet style breakfast.

I do hope we see you again in the future. Please make yourself known and I guarantee you will be well looked after.