“Poor food and very basic rooms” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25

Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Chester
“Poor food and very basic rooms”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I really only stay here when I really have to. The price is inflated and the general vibe of the place is very basic and nothing to really comment on. It's clean, it's a hotel, and it has rooms with food served. The staff are nice and clearly have a difficult job to do given their facilities. The Gym is good - I'm not trying to be negative about this place, but it's so basic its not really even worth a review. But it is clean.

Room Tip: It is a hotel with beds and a good gym
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Really glad that you find us clean - that's so important isn't it.

My team and I do strive to be so much more though. My facilities I understand are more functional than luxurious but I do hope that the next time you visit my team and I allow you to feel more comfortable.

Kindest Regards and Thank you for the feedback

Chris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Cornwall, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel quite often, it's very convenient perched just off the M5. The hotel is fine, a bit tired maybe and need of a facelift, but generally pretty good. Mostly I go out to eat, but tonight arrived late and ate in. The food is really so poor, how can they not make more of an effort, I had ham terrine, which was straight out if the fridge, cold and flavourless, for the main I had steak and kidney pie, prepared, served with mash, prepared and FROZEN peas. I began to wonder if I had stumbled into a 70s theme night.

Basically everything is bought in and heated up, why can't they have a chef, this is supposed to be a 3 star hotel.

My advice, eat out!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your comments - but so sorry to hear that your dinner experience was less than great.

We are putting a lot of focus on dinner at the moment with new offerings and standards coming your way. I do hope that you will give us another try soon.

Chris

Travellers are raving about these Taunton hotels

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently with a group from our local National Trust for a visit to the area. The staff were so helpful and friendly that we felt we had made some new friends. It is always difficult to cope with a large group, we were a group of 36, but the food was delicious and a wonderful choice for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind review. Great to hear that we looked after you so well.

Ogden, Utah, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013

Very friendly staff! Jeanette was a delight to work with. I'm a business traveler and came for a week, when I needed to extend my stay during the Glastonbury festival rush she took away my nerves and took care of everything.
The bar and hotel restaurant provide good service and the food is also very good. Internet wi if signal was good through the entire building.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Wonderful to hear that you were well looked after. Jeanette will always go out of her way to help and is delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay.

Hope to see you again soon.

Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013 via mobile

Ok so I have stayed here for this week - the same as the reviews seen below. I however I had a totally different experience.

Reception staff were kind friendly and efficient particularly Luke who went out of his way to be accommodating to myself and my colleagues - many thanks.

The staff were always friendly and despite the hotel being fully booked and very busy you wouldn't know by the speed and efficiency of their service.

I ate in the hotel and never experienced a lack of food. The breakfasts were great, quick to serve coffee/tea and it was no trouble for them to something fresh - big plus!! They also made an off the menu request for me at dinner, double plus!!

I too have stayed in many other holiday inns/crowne plazas/hotel Indigos and this one is up with the best (please see my other reviews I am always honest in my opinion).

The room was very comfortable and clean. If I had any complaint at all it is that the hotel is away from the centre but to be truthful for business purposes this made no difference to me.

I would definitely book here again If I am back on business.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review - great to hear.

See you again soon

Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013

Recently stayed here for three nights and was very disappointed with this hotel. Wifi was not complementary and breakfast was not included but was available at an extra £11.95 per day. The room I had aws a disabled sweet which meant the wash hand basin was at knee height for me. To top all this I cut my hand on the shower handle which had a ragged edge on top. Complained about this, got an apology but nothing else.

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay.

Our rates and available room types do increase and decrease according to demand - however I am upset that you were disappointed during this stay.

Please do contact me on 07736 746098. I would love to discuss in more detail.

Thanks again.

Wakefield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here for one night. We had a family room with 2 pull out beds for our 9 and 5 year old. Room was just a standard family room. It was clean and quite adequate size wise for what we needed. Perfect postioning for M5 if travelling down to Cornwall.

We ate in the restaurant for breakfast - which was great, a good choice and self service. The kids loved it - especially the pancake maker! Dinner was so so (good choice again), nice polite waiting staff, just a little slow at times.

Had a poor/fitness room which was good - children enjoyed it. Lots of games and activity paper/crayons in bar to keep the kids happy.

Check in and out was very good, effecient and friendly with complimentary tea and coffee when you were departing.

Lots of free parking.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Chris F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Great to hear that you enjoyed the hotel, and that the kids especially enjoyed the pancakes and the pool!

Just what's required to break up a long car journey - and I hope that we helped you start relaxing and enjoying your break even earlier!

Thank you so much for posting such a lovely review.

Kindest Regards