I got home last night and wanted to review this hotel as we really enjoyed ourselves.
My fiance won a weekend away at this holiday inn, dinner & breakfast included. We arrived on friday and our room was ready so we dropped our bags off and went down to the bar for a drink. Drinks are expensive ( £14 for a glass of wine and a pint) so watch out! We had our evening meal and the service was good. The food was very nice and we booked a table for breakfast next morning. Our room was big enough, the bath was fantastic and although i was abit worried about the size/comfort of the bed( after reading previous reviews) it was great!
Breakfast next morning was good, had a wide range of foods. Kept us full! Short drive to Taunton, and very short walk to bowling/cinema etc. A friend had suggested we ate at a nearby pub in the evening but we weren't sure where it was etc. Reception were very helpful and even offered to book a table for us. Its called the Hankridge arms and its literally a 5 min walk. Great food and lovely location. We only had a snack and drink so we fancied something small when we got back. They sent us food up by room service, very quick and tasty.
Breakfast was good again next morning, check out was 12 so got a lie in which is nice on a sunday.
We didn't visit the gym & pool so I can't really comment. Other guests in the hotel had and they enjoyed it.
Overall, a really enjoyable stay. Staff very helpful and friendly, hotel lovely, great location as its near the motorway. Would definately stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Taunton in Somerset is ideally located for both business and leisure guests, conveniently located at J25 off the M5, on the edge of Taunton near the Somerset County Cricket Ground. Taunton, nestling on the banks of the river Tone, is the gateway to Devon and half way house to Cornwall. Bridgwater, Wellington and other parts of Somerset are all within easy reach. Nearby attractions are Dartmoor and Exmoor with 14 areas of natural beauty and over 600 miles of dramatic coastline. The Holiday Inn Taunton has a Spirit club with indoor 15 metre swimming pool, sauna, solarium and fully equipped gym.This Somerset Hotel has 99 air conditioned bedrooms including wheelchair accessible rooms and 24 hour room service. Our large lounge area, which serves a wide selection of food and beverages, is ideal for informal meetings or just relaxing. (Under 12s Stay & Eat Free) With 12 conference rooms that can accommodate from 2 - 280 delegates in purpose built air conditioned rooms with high speed internet access suitable for meetings, training, presentations, banquets, weddings, reunions & parties. We also have external team build areas. Holiday Inn Taunton has ample free parking and is suitable for coaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, IHG, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Taunton m5, Jct. 25 Hotel Taunton
- Taunton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25 Somerset