“Types of rooms on website are not consistant with rooms supplied at this hotel”

Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 14 July 2010

A budget hotel standard at 4 star prices. I booked on internet what I thought was a family room that had beds for 2 adults and a teenager. Upon arrival, I was told that my rerservation was a double room but the third bed was still a sofa. My teenager is 6ft 2in. Very dissapointed.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
TNTSSGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2010

Dear Rooms are not consistant with the webste

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with the room allocation however upon investigation the bedroom that you reserved consisted of a double bed plus a sofa bed which makes 2 small single beds. We do have bedroms with double sofa beds, these are available under room type OSBN.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to make us aware of your findings, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Holiday Inn, Taunton when we will have the opportunity of demonstrating to you our usual high levels of service and hospitality.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 13 July 2010

we recently stayed at ur taunton holiday inn. we travelled miles and miles and needed somewhere to sleep. we had 2 young children with us. we checked in at midnight and the bloke on reception who was called nathan was very plesent and kind. my children were very tired but nathan made them smile and gave them some crayons and kids pack which i thought was very kind of him. please pass my congrats to him in general for our beutiful stay. also as a hotel it was very nice to be here and we will come again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We had already stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Exeter and had booked in here for the next 2 nights. What we didn't realise was that breakfast was not included in our room rate stay which was really annoying as the Holiday Inn Express is right next door which does include breakfast! Anyway we paid the extra £20 for breakfast the next day (this was at a bargain rate of £6 off normal price!), it was not worth it! We have stayed in various hotels around the world and this breakfast was very disappointing, not outstanding at all. There is a pool and gym on site, but the pool was cold and the jacuzzi cozy to say the least!
The reception staff need to understand that they are working in a chain hotel in Taunton not The Ritz!
Also the drinks service at dinner was very slow, I ordered a glass of wine before my main meal was served and it arrived when I was over half way through my dinner, after asking where it was.
And the internet access is a ridiculous price of £15 a day!
And a long walk to the car park!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2010

Well located near motorway though a bit out of town if you need to be in Taunton and don't have a car. Good service, excellent room. Bar / reception area useful for meetings. Restaurant food fine, though expensive for what it is, and the breakfast was uninspiring. Fine to stay in as a lone woman travelling for work. Not somewhere you'd want to stay for a holiday I'd say, however. Overall very good for business, but pricey.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2010

We've stayed here on our way to Cornwall for the last three years and it's always been an excellent experience.

From the welcoming staff to the excellent room and service the stay has always been relaxing and an ideal start to our break.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
TNTSSGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2010

Tuesday, 15 June 2010

Dear Great stop of on way to Cornwall

Thank you for taking the time to feed back to us following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn, Taunton. It is always a pleasure to read such kind comments.

I have been passed these comments, particularly regarding the levels of customer service you received onto my entire team as I sure they will be as proud of them as I am.

Please do let me know when you are next visiting the hotel for a business trip as it would be great to personally welcome you to the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and if in the meantime I can be of help or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 6 June 2010

Very usefully located hotel just off the m5 but beyond this there is not alot to say. Average in everything. Reception was large open but empty, there was some sort of promotion on at the time but it was discovered by accident. Rooms were average like you have seen in every travellodge around the country. Sound proofing would be good instead baby screaming all night. Breakfast was terrible service is something not strong for this hotel. The staff are better at standing talking about their drunken exploits than providing a service. Not sure why I pre-bought breakfast when they clearly did not care. Even service at bar was slow and it was more of a cant be bothered style.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Good business class hotel. Nice touch with two bottles of water and mars bar complimentary! It's amazing what goodwill is achieved by a free mars bar!! Nice toiletries (but why do hotels not invest in softer toilet paper??) Hairdryer overheated and cut out, had to leave it for an hour before I could re-use : ( Enjoyed a tasty curry in the lounge area while my colleague watched football. Lovely welcoming reception upon arrival.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank RosTraynor
TNTSSGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2010

Dear Ross Traynor

Thank you for bringing to my attention that you experienced unacceptable shortfalls in standards during your stay, in particular regard to the hairdryer cutting out on you.

I would like to take the opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience you were caused by this issue and please rest assured that I have passed your comments to the Maintenance Manager who will carry out any corrective action that is needed, to ensure the future satisfaction of our guests.

Kindest regards