“Expensive!!”

Ranked #183 of 265 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe and Restaurant with outstanding views of the Quantock hills - serving home cooked breakfast, lunch and cream teas - available for private bookings and parties.
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Expensive!! Need to lower their prices and speed up service a little, seeing people walk out when waiting for food is not good...so much potential in such a great area, don't think I will be returning again...and please lower your prices. Your not competing with anyone...

2  Thank MontegoBleu
There are newer reviews for The Pines Cafe

Reviewed 11 August 2013

A lovely location and polite staff let down by the food and cleanliness. Dry, greasy and tasteless lasagne, that was heated to luke warm and a little expensive. Not much choice of cold beverages either. Dirty toilets that could certainly do with a clean. I wish I went for a cake which actually look quite appetising.

2  Thank natasha k
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Such a lovely cafe experience, the chef is clearly very talented. Service is lovely, couldn't imagine a nicer place to be. Would recommend heartily. The young lady with brown hair was so welcoming and lovely.

3  Thank Cafegirl221
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stopped off at the pines on our way through to Taunton for a late breakfast. The food was nice, not greasy and cooked to order. The quality of the food was reasonable but just everyday quality not premium. Also the views from this cafe are lovely you can see as far as the bristol channel and the welsh coast beyond on a day with good visibility. However there were two main let downs for me, we arrived about 11am so not long after opening and pretty much all the tables with a good view were reserved, which left me feeling disappointed as this was one of the main reasons for choosing to eat here as I expect it is for others as well. Also they had run out of orange juice which to me was not good as they had no other fruit juices on offer. We were lucky in that having sat on another table for a while one with a view inside became available and we moved. However due to the amount of reserved tables we left quite quickly after eating as I felt others may want to have the opportunity to enjoy the view as well.

So one thing going from our experience it might be worth phoning ahead if you think its a day they are likely to be busy and seeing if you can reserve a table. As I get the impression that even if bookings are for lunch they put out the reservation cards early if not at the start of the day.

1  Thank choosy24
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The position and views cannot be faulted. The staff are attentive and polite. However the food is very ordinary and there has been no attempt to source good ingredients. There is nothing imaginative about the menu or the food. Portions are good but the quality is not, it tastes cheap but that certainly isn't the case at the till.

1  Thank mcamike