“Great after golf meal.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We play here 2 or 3 times a year in their Mixed Open Competitions which always includes a two course meal and I have to say we have never been disappointed ! The Mint and Lamb pies are to die for ( and I am definitely not a pie person!) and the quality and quantity of both main courses and the desserts are excellent. Both the waiting and bar staff have always been friendly and very helpful. Would definitely recommend .

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We usually enjoy our meal at the Golf Club at Oake Manor but this time was not so good....maybe because it was the Christmas lunch and the staff seemed to cater mostly for the larger groups and couples were neglected ! The Roast potatoes were awful....they seemed to have been warmed up and not very appetising. The Nut Roast was good but the vegetables were hard. We had to wait a long time between courses because the larger groups were being attended to first.... We would not do the Christmas lunch again as it did not come up to the standard of their normal roast dinners....

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

Ok have visited a few times now.
The grounds are beautiful but between that a dance floor and a bar that's about it. There's no real features to wonder over.

The feel of the location internally is likened to that of a rugby club or village hall it is very outdated and in need of refurbishment. But I can recommend the buffet and the service elsewhere is usually good.

They have got one thing right plenty of shows on all year round, now these are worth attending when it's dark and there's plenty of happy people perking up atmosphere, everything else can then be over looked.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

First time I have had Lunch at a golf club, we had tried to have lunch at Weston super Mare golf club a year ago, and were told in a stuffy manner' it was only open to members', now the restaurant is open to 'non' members, I don't want to go there :-)

Ok, now to the Oake Manor, it was a very wet Sunday lunchtime, although a massive car park, it was packed (good sign), after dropping off my partner, I went and parked her car up (yes I am like Sir Walter Raliegh) ran through the car park, still got wet.

Arived in the restaurant, there was a table reserved for the party, it was my partners God daughters 21st, they couldn't have picked a nicer setting,

We all went for the carvery as far as I know, I had only the beef, as it looked scrummy, there was a selection of 3 or 4 kinds of veg, and some Ratatouille, the beef was probably the tenderest I have ever had at a carvery, could have done with a bit more of the meat, but that would have probably given the club bankrupsy problems, as the food is very good value for the money charged, overall I think it's great, the staff (even though it's a carvery) were great, came to get the orders for the sweets, and were patient when waiting for us to decide from the vast choice, I went for the Creme Brulee, never seen that at a carvery before, could have done with being colder, and the sugar top could have been crisped up more with the flame, overall a very tasty Brulee,, my partner had the 'Chocolate Cheesecake', as she couldn't finish it, I had to, it was tasty and a very generous portion, if there is a criticism to be made, the roast potatoes tasted like they were cooked the previous day or had been re heated, this is a shame, because everything else was so lovely,still going to give them 5 stars though, they deserved it, the potatoes might have been from an emergency stock, so all forgiven,as it was jam packed at the time I went up.Apparently, the overall bill was a pleasant surprise, as the guy who daughters birthday it was, was surprised.Great job done by all, reccomended highly.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We took a party of people (37) to Oake Manor today for lunch.
What a very pleasant experience. The coach was met by the manager and allowed to park outside the door. Plenty of staff behind the bar to get us served with drinks. Greeted by the waiter looking after us and shown to our tables which were set up in a private area. The carvery was exceptional as was the sweet trolley. Their attention to detail and very helpful attitude made this a very pleasant experience all round. Well done, in summary, it was great value for money,super quality with marvellous service

1  Thank Carol S