“Brilliant”

Frog Street Farmhouse
Ranked #1 of 53 Taunton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Thank you David & Louise for providing a perfect place to stay after a long snowy journey! The effort to travel made it all worthwhile when arriving to a jovial welcome with cake and tea. The room was comfortable and everything you would expect from a top B&B. the recommendation of a local eatery was spot on. Breakfast a delight with plenty of choice and no request too much trouble. Just an all round fantastic place to stay with great hosts. Thoroughly commend to anyone wanting a quiet retreat.

Stayed: January 2013

Reviewed 14 January 2013

I don't think I can add much to all the previous positive reviews already given except to add that my husband I thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this beautifully renovated 15th Century farmhouse. Our room was delightful and the bed very comfortable. The breakfast was well cooked and tasty and the owners, Louise and David, went out of their way to ensure everyone staying with them was having a lovely time, they were both friendly and helpful. We have already booked to go back!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2012

My husband and I stayed for a couple of nights in November 2012. Our stay was very comfortable, the room was beautiful and spotless, breakfast was a delight and our hosts very friendly and helpful. We had a fantastic couple of days, only thing wrong was we had to leave, I could have stayed longer. If I am ever in the area again this is where I would stay. No hesitation in recommending.

Room Tip: We stayed in The Snug which offered its own living area with woodburning stove - fantasic. up stairs...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed here for just over a week at the beginning of November. Fantastic find! The house is simply beautiful, and set in an idyllic location. I stayed in the Willow room which was charming, and had all I needed - a comfy bed, a hot shower and a decent TV. That said, I could easily have spent my evenings in the comfortable lounge, with it's very welcoming woodburner! As for Louise & David, they are a delight - incredibly friendly and helpful, providing not just a good breakfast but advice on places to visit, local eateries, and maps. I definitely intend to return next time I'm in the area.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed at Frog Street Farmhouse on our wedding night after getting married in Taunton. We stayed in the room called the snug, it was absolutely perfect. We arrived there late after the wedding (in November) to find that the wood burner had been lit in the lounge area of our room, magically. The room itself has a lovely with a large bed and a nice roll top slipper bath in the ensuite.
Breakfast was great, located down in the dining room of the main house, we had a lovely fruit salad followed by a great cooked breakfast.
The farmhouse is a lovely romantic hideaway pefectly positioned to visit the local Somerset countryside or for a peaceful romantic break.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

What an immaculate place to stay. The tea/cake/log burner welcome as warming as ever, beautiful room, comfortable, amazingly quiet spot, just the braying of a distant horse to break the morning silence. Excellent breakfast. Im working but feel completely relaxed if a touch sad about leaving again. My return is a certainty. Beautiful.

Room Tip: The two I have used were of equally high standard.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Lovely surroundings, coffee and cake when you arrive and a lovely meal in the evening. If that wasn't enough they took time out to advise us on where we could possibly live in the future. Great hospitality, lovely accommodation and breakfast, just make quite sure you take your instructions with you so that you can find it. Something we forgot!! I would recommend it to anyone - enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family