Frog Street Farmhouse
US$172
  • Restaurant
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsorchard suitetea and cakewillow roomsky tvdavid louisehomemade breadprivate sitting roomother guestson arrivalpiece of cakeguest loungesomerset countrysideidyllic locationcharming hostswood burnerlocal pubfull english
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We paid a visit to this wonderful place for an overnight stay, and didn't want to leave the next morning. This has got to be one of the best B&B's in the country and the title "B&B" doesn't really do it justice. The rooms and public areas are immaculate, and yet retain the 600 year old charm and features of the amazing old farm-house it once was. Both hosts are very organised and friendly people, and nothing is too much trouble. As well as the fantastic English Breakfast we ate, we also had a dinner on the night of our stay which was simple, yet beautifully cooked and presented. We were able to provide our own bottle of wine, which was served in an ice bucket, at no extra charge - a lovely touch when you can't be bothered to drive to a local pub or restaurant ! The surroundings are tranquil and perfect - where else can you watch woodpeckers eat breakfast outside of the dining room ?! The gardens are truly Old England, and we just loved it. We stayed for business, and will do so again. In addition, we certainly intend taking a bit more time to stay longer for a truly relaxing break.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Willow Room - we were told it was the smallest but we could find no fault ! Large shower, large TV, Sky (although we didn't use it !) and good WiFi as well as a very comfy double bed. All you would want.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah E
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed four nights in early May in order to visit family in Taunton. I struggled to find the B & B; but that was my own fault. I trusted a sat/nav instead of downloading directions from the B & B website and did quite a few circles before being directed to the right place. The hosts are most welcoming and quickly had me settled into a spotless room with a spacious and equally spotless bathroom. As I had flown in from the US that day and expected to be a little weary, I had booked dinner. This was quickly produced and David carried it up to my room so I could relax and then get a good night's sleep. With the peaceful surroundings, the sent of wisteria coming through the open window and a very comfortable bed, sleep was not a problem. Getting up was! I did, however, make it for a very tasty breakfast with some particularly outstanding porridge.
I loved visiting my family but it was made all the more special by such a great place to come back to at night. I will most certainly be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A simply superb stay, during which everything was perfect. You couldn't wish for a warmer welcome, or more helpful hosts.

Meticulous attention to detail, all the facilities you could usefully want and a delightful location.

Room Tip: The Snug, with its delightful downstairs lounge, and its upstairs bedroom and bathroom, was superb.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We are staying here for our first wedding anniversary (our fifth time of staying!).we love it here-we are always made to feel welcome and nothing is too much trouble for Lou and Dave. Wonderful homely atmosphere and amazing food.you won't find anywhere better

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Frog Street Farmhouse is the most beautiful B & B I have stayed in. We found it really quite easily and although a little early, were made to feel very welcome with tea and home made cake. Our family room was just amazing - so fresh and clean with everything we needed for our overnight stay. Our hosts were so welcoming and breakfast was also lovely.

Room Tip: I didn't see the other rooms so cannot comment on this.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family