All reviews town centre car park busy road good size four poster breakfast was freshly cooked would stay again on site parking cricket ground full english comfortable beds the ground floor booked this hotel tea coffee very pleasant stay business trip room was large
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Stayed one night whilst on business in Taunton. It's well placed for walking access to the town center and they were kind enough to let me to leave my car on their car park the whole of next day. It's a very clean environment and the staff are excellent. Would return here when again in Taunton.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank vpattni
Reviewed 31 August 2018

The hotel was easy to find with adequate parking, we had breakfast at the hotel which was good and value for money. The room was nice unfortunately i can not say the same for the bed; it was a divan that looked good on first inspection but proved to be uncomfortable. The base unit under the mattress had collapsed, i was going to bring this up when we checked out however on checking out we were rushed and the person checking us out vanished before i could say anything. Customer service and communication could be improved

Room Tip: Make sure that the bed is OK
Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Having stayed in quite a lot of places recently I’ve decided that for me four main things are most important . The bed, the shower, the breakfast and the towels . We were lucky enough to have three beds . Two were fine. One was rather uncomfortable . Shower middling . Towels rather small and insubstantial . Breakfast was fine but not large . An absence of baked beans made the plate look a bit empty. Perhaps an offer of more sausages/bacon etc would be good ( but that is admittedly the exception rather than the rule elsewhere ). Room was a good size , everything was very clean , lots of car parking space and very central . Lovely views out of the front . Cheaper than the Blorenge ( where we stayed last month) for equal quality . Would stay again .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank alastair m
Reviewed 21 August 2018

눇My room was small, but otherwise it was of a good standard. The breakfast choice was was great, and the cooked option very good indeed. The location was on a busy road, only a few minutes from the town centre, but I heard no traffic noise in my room.

The disappointment was when I arrived, as it took at least 10 minutes before someone came to the front desk to check me in. Another guest sitting in reception said that she'd rung the bell a while ago and was waiting for the receptionist. I'm aware that the staff member on duty was very busy, but having someone present, or quickly present, when you arrive at a hotel is an essential in my book. That said, once she did arrive, check-in was quick and easy.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank PRL-London
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel from Australia about 8 months ago.
When we arrived our check in was easy, we had booked a superior room which gives us a bit more room as we are used to big rooms in Australia.
It was well appointed and very clean , Good size with tea coffee and iron and board , there was no fridge
The breakfast was freshly cooked and catered for most tastes
The ladies who run the place were very nice
We actually had dinner and it was tasty.
We enjoyed our stay and would stay again.
A nice clean property in a good location

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple