The Mount Somerset Hotel
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
US$98
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Taunton East(Taunton)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
All reviewsafternoon teahot tubhydrotherapy poolfoot spadeluxe roomspa facilitiessconesroll top bathcream teaturn down serviceamuse bouchegarden roomwalk in showersteam roomspa experiencelounge areaset menu
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2013

On arrival we had a warm welcome from the receptionist.

We had booked one the premier suites, the room where given was a large room with a large comfortable bed. The bathroom had a double shower and a big roll top bath.

All the staff we came into contact with gave us a warm welcome and nothing was too much trouble.

My only criticism was the wait for dinner; dinner was booked for 20:30 on both nights we arrived down on time. Order drinks, give our order for dinner, get the “pre starter” We eventually got shown into the dinning room at 21:20 on both nights, then the 2nd “pre starter” before getting eventually getting our ordered starters.

For the price it is a very good value hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I had lunch here with a friend and one word describes it EXCELLENT. I would highly recommend. I will definitely go back and I m so pleased that I have found this hotel. We had the two course lunch including a glass of wine for 13.95. It was superb value and quality was 5 star.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoSomerset1509
Reviewed 4 March 2013

My wife and I stayed on Saturday night as a treat for my birthday. The hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. The building is a grand Georgian house approached by a long drive set in well tended grounds. It looks like a lot of money has been spent upgrading the property which is of a better standard than many 5* international hotels we have stayed in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was more like a suite with complimentary fresh fruit and bottled water and free Wi-Fi, and free Sunday papers delivered to our room.. We viewed the spa and gym which are available to all guests and seemed of a high standard. Probably the highlight was the dinner. We splashed out and dined a la carte. I have travelled extensively for many years and I reckon the food was some of the best I have ever tasted! It was made all the more special by the extra "mini-courses" which were added as free extras. I didn't meet the chef but he/she definitely deserves a gold star. It's so nice to be able to write so positively about a hotel and dining experience. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nikko56
Reviewed 4 March 2013

my wife and i were lucky enough to spend a two night weekday break at this magnificent quite hotel. the service from the reception staff bar staff and dining staff was second to none. nothing was too much trouble, breakfast was excellent and the dinner menu varied and magnificently cooked and presented.
i would definitely return to this hotel when i am in this area again.

Room Tip: i stayed in a deluxe room "the barrington". this room was enormous as was the bathroom attached to it. it had magnificent views over the gardens and vast areas of somerset.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2013

This hotel oosed charm, friendlieness, helpfulness and good old fashioned service. Nothing was too much trouble. Staff went above and beyond the normal bounds of helpfulness and always with a smile. Everyone chatted to you even the gardener had the time to chat to you when you went out to your car. My only suggestion to future visitors is do ensure that you take a safety pin with you as after all the delicious food in the restaurant your clothes won't fit!

Room Tip: The location of the hotel ensures that all rooms are quiet and all are of a very high and comfortable standard
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends