“Scuba Refresher”
Review of Scuba Scene

Scuba Scene
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I went for my scuba refresher in May as I haven't dived in 5 years!

The staff were excellent and instantly made you feel welcome and part of a great group.

They started with the health check and double checked I was ok after suffering from pneumonia for the previous 5 weeks - very caring and attentive.

Once that was out of the way, a quick quiz to check on my knowledge... (God knows how I remember some of this stuff from 5 years ago!) - they explain each answer in layman terms.

Then we got to the fun part.... the practical! I forgot how much I missed diving (even just swanning around in a swimming pool) and the instructor checked to see how much I could remember rather than tell me what to do in terms of putting the scuba kit together and where I made a mistake he would point it out and double checked I understood what he told me.

Then once we were in the pool the instructor would give me 2 or 3 tasks to do underwater and then come up for the next 3 tasks.

At all times I felt completely safe as the instructor was so reassuring and his air of confidence rubbed off on me.

Once we finished, the instructor updated my scuba log book and now I'm ready to rock and roll in South Africa with Broadnose 7 Gill sharks and Great White sharks and Egypt - the Red Sea!

Bring it on!

Thank you Scuba Scene! :-)

Once I get back into the UK, I will look at doing some more trips to the Red Sea.

There are newer reviews for Scuba Scene

Reviewed 27 September 2012 via mobile

I have been diving with Scuba Scene since the beginning of the year, and doing my Padi with these guys has been awesome!! They offer so many courses, + trips abroad, we went to the Red Sea and that was superb! It is run by friendly, very down to earth people who cater for all needs and I have met some fantastic people on there diving journey! I would recommend anyone who has the need to be under the sea, to go in and join the fun!! :-)

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I learnt to dive with scuba Scene back in 2010 under taking the PADI open water course, the training across the 5 weeks was excellent. The staff were welcoming and always there for you if you needed help in the classroom and especially in the water. At the dive site for my open water dives the staff make the day really enjoyable and even though the water was cold, by the end of the day you just want to keep diving. After completing my open water, I had to carry on, I went for Scuba Scenes UK Spec package, This is the best decision I made. Other than doing 15 dives, the package allowed me to have 6 full PADI specs and the PADI Advanced by the end of it. As result I went on to do my PADI Rescue. Most divers say that this is their favourite course, It certainly is for me. From the outside it sounds like a hard course, having to learn how to rescue divers but doing the course with Scuba Scene is the complete opposite. Yes the course is a step up but you have the biggest amount of fun whilst learning but they always keep it serious. As result I feel comfortable in the water even more now, and will always remember the techniques due the way I was taught.
I always joined Scuba Scenes membership club, this is a must. You get great discounts on well organised trips. Ive been to Lundy island to dive with the seals, Plymouth to dive the famous James Egan Layne wreck, done the best wreck dives in Malta and have dived the reefs Red Sea - All organised by Scuba Scene in the last 2 years, and that's only a small selection of trips the offer.
Apart from great teaching Scuba Scene has a first class shop in the high street. They sell all the gear that you need and they even service the gear in the shop for you what more could you ask for.
This is a first class centre and for the rest of my life I shall be indebted to Scuba Scene for training me to dive the world!!

2  Thank James W
Reviewed 18 September 2012

What ever your ability or need Scuba Scene are keen to help . Scuba Scene have lots of staff so cater for all abilities and are also a great team to learn with and guide you through diving with ease. Thank you scuba scence for opening up a new underwater world for me . You are all ace.PADI PERFECT

Reviewed 18 September 2012

scuba scene is fantastic !! I would heavily serjest diving with them !! they offer great equipment, much of it I have bought and use with them.