“Fantastic meal”

Ranked #48 of 256 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Authentic traditional Indian cuisine
somerset
“Fantastic meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

great food and great value. Daughter fro Birmingham says it was the best tasting Indian meal she has had, Looking forward to coming back.

Somerset, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem amongst the reeds”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Maliha is amongst a lot of other shops and takeaways but when found you are in for a treat.
Excellent food, I live in Taunton and have tried many of the Indian restaurants and by far the meal me my brother and mum received was full of flavour, great service with care, punctuality, very friendly and presented to high warming standards. It was my brothers birthday and we were welcomed with warm hearts and made to feel comfortible. The waiter Asif, was always on hand to answer any questions, refill drinks and explained the curries on the menu and the layout to use happily. We felt the service was superb and defiantly will be going back. We went for the banquet which was priced modestly to standard of food we thourally enjoyed. Thank you maliha, Asif and the rest of the team. Excellent restaurant, service and food :-)

Taunton, United Kingdom
“First Ever Indian Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is the first time I've ever had Indian, I'm not that keen about it. However, that granted, the Maliha is without doubt one of the best restaurants I've ever been in. Even though not all of the food was to my taste, you could tell it had been prepared very well, the butter chicken was really good and the mixed platter was very well prepared and presented, and there were some bits which were really nice (especially the tandoori chicken.) The service was excellent, really friendly guy who served us who offered my family complementary coffee/tea while they were waiting for me to finish my coconut ice cream (which was also very nice.) It was great value. £9.95 for a "Banquet" which consisted of starter, main and side exclusive of seafood and duck (which you would've had to have paid an extra £2 for which is still great value.) Wednesdays and Thursday nights, they also do some English dishes for the children if they are not that keen. I would definitely return, it was great.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

We didn't order takeaway but ate in the restaurant. The environment was much better than what I expected. Reasonable price. Food was of excellent quality. I went for the mixed grill. I am often dissatisfied with the tandooris served in typical Indian restaurant because mostly it's not marinated enough. But this one was different. Thoroughly cooked and marinated.

3 Thank Ayan_On_Road
taunton uk
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Indian in Taunton! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner always go to this Indian Restaurant. The food is delicious, and the people are welcoming (especially Raj). I would give Maliha more stars if I could - see you soon guys :)