“Great food”

Description: Authentic traditional Indian cuisine
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant twice recently and both times had fantastic food. Staff are very accommodating and friendly. Portions are of a good size and plenty of choice on the menu. Restaurant lacks a little ambience and decoration, but the food is more important and definitely a great choice if looking for a tasty Indian meal at reasonable prices. Would definitely visit again and recommend.

somerset
“Why did I wait a year to return!!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

How time flies but this was the first time, the eight of us could get together for ages,there was only one choice for our curry night,Maliha,as we had been there last year and really enjoyed it.
I'm pleased to report that food,service and value remains as high as we remembered and a good evening was had by all.
I will return sooner rather than later,promise.

somerset
“Fantastic meal”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

great food and great value. Daughter fro Birmingham says it was the best tasting Indian meal she has had, Looking forward to coming back.

Somerset, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem amongst the reeds”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Maliha is amongst a lot of other shops and takeaways but when found you are in for a treat.
Excellent food, I live in Taunton and have tried many of the Indian restaurants and by far the meal me my brother and mum received was full of flavour, great service with care, punctuality, very friendly and presented to high warming standards. It was my brothers birthday and we were welcomed with warm hearts and made to feel comfortible. The waiter Asif, was always on hand to answer any questions, refill drinks and explained the curries on the menu and the layout to use happily. We felt the service was superb and defiantly will be going back. We went for the banquet which was priced modestly to standard of food we thourally enjoyed. Thank you maliha, Asif and the rest of the team. Excellent restaurant, service and food :-)

Taunton, United Kingdom
“First Ever Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

This is the first time I've ever had Indian, I'm not that keen about it. However, that granted, the Maliha is without doubt one of the best restaurants I've ever been in. Even though not all of the food was to my taste, you could tell it had been prepared very well, the butter chicken was really good and the mixed platter was very well prepared and presented, and there were some bits which were really nice (especially the tandoori chicken.) The service was excellent, really friendly guy who served us who offered my family complementary coffee/tea while they were waiting for me to finish my coconut ice cream (which was also very nice.) It was great value. £9.95 for a "Banquet" which consisted of starter, main and side exclusive of seafood and duck (which you would've had to have paid an extra £2 for which is still great value.) Wednesdays and Thursday nights, they also do some English dishes for the children if they are not that keen. I would definitely return, it was great.