“A quick bite”

Ring of Bells
Ranked #18 of 256 Restaurants in Taunton
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Ring Of Bells is a Pub and Restaurant found on St James Street in Taunton.We offer a good choice of alcoholic beverages, great Real Ales and serve delicious, locally sourced meals at lunch and dinner.
Taunton
“A quick bite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a quick bite to eat this lunch time with my wife. Lovely food, a very pleasant environment and great service. Very reasonably priced food and wine.

Visited April 2014

Taunton, England, United Kingdom
“delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Top marks to the chef, have had lunch and an evening meal here and both were great. On my most recent visit I had the burger and it was delicious. Triple cooked chips homemade coleslaw and salad. The other people I dined with also enjoyed their meals.
Staff helpful and friendly. Nice atmosphere

• Visited March 2014
Brecon Beacons National Park, United Kingdom
“Very nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

A group of us ate here, this is a small public house that is very clean and maintained. The menu is not extensive but there is a variety, I had fish pie which was lovely and full of flavour, the food was hot being served and reasonably priced. I did not have pudding but the ones I saw coming out of the kitchen looked very nice and a good size! The staff were pleasant and helpful. Overall an enjoyable experience.

Taunton, United Kingdom
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had my birthday lunch with my wife, son and daughter in law. We had a lovely welcome, like we were locals. A good selection of beers were available as well as hot drinks. The lunch menu was not on the large side but a good selection and not complicated (see the web sites menu). The food was worth every penny and lots of it everything was eaten except for a couple of mouthfuls of my wife's as it was the quantity that beat her. I think this Pub is Taunton's little secret. Book to avoid disappointment. I will be going back and not just for special occasions.

• Visited March 2014
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Above average pub grub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Went in here for lunch with friends. We all had burgers, 1 chicken cajun burger and two beef with different cheeses, draught drinks from the bar. Thought it looked very popular when we walked in, felt like a nice place. Service was friendly and quick. The food was really good, well-presented and very tasty, seemed freshly cooked and good ingredients. Burgers were accompanied by gourmet chips and coleslaw, tasted luxurious! Would definitely go back.

• Visited February 2014