“Lovely room, great location and very nice owners”
Review of Brookfield House

Brookfield House
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I had a very good stay in this B&B in a clean and nice room, furnished to a high standard. Very frendly and nice owners! The breakfasrt was very good, and the service was excelent. The location is nearby the city centre. Free wi-fi in the B&B. I would definitely recommend this B&B and will be back the next year!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank merete e

Reviewed 17 February 2013

The family room at Brookfield house suited our family very good. We had a lovely stay. The room was very clean. the breakfasr was very good, and the service was excelent. The location is nearby the city centre.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Stayed with my partner and must say this is a very clean and comfy B&B with very nice owners, traffic didnt didn't bother us as both live near a main road. But and it's a big but this is not a hotel as a b&b it's well priced and would have gotten 5 star.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed in a ground floor room at the front of the house, and I had absolutely no trouble sleeping at all. The room was furnished to a high standard, the en-suite looked newly refurbished as well. Free wi-fi in the B&B and the breakfast is cooked to order and service is excellent. The location is great being a quick walk into town with loads of paths. If you are into your fitness, there are loads of cycle/running paths, and quite a few people out running as well in the evening. The location felt safe, and I would definitely recommend this B&B and will be back the next time I travel down.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the room if you prefer no road noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I was recommended this guest house by a local company who I was working with my stay was for two weeks and while I was there the owners could not do enough for me. The breakfasts are good and the bedroom was kept clean to a very high standard, the en suite shower was of good quality .Wifi was in each room and worked well during my stay the only slight problem was the traffic noise as I had a front room but it was not too much of a problem. Location is great as you can walk into the town in five minutes where there are some good pubs and restaurants I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2013

We recently stayed here for a week while we were having some work done on our flat, we couldn't have asked for more, the owners where more than happy to help with anything we needed after giving us a warm welcome. The rooms are very clean and ours was spacious too, it had everything we needed with the tea and coffee and towels replaced daily. The breakfast was 5 star, there was no problem if you wanted to go off menu, they offer evening meals too and snacks if you require , all of witch sounded lovely. Great location too just a short 5 min walk from the town centre and although it is on a road, we couldnt believe how quiet it was! We would recommend to anyone! And will defiantly be directing any family that come to stay, there!

Room Tip: Room 1 was great and a little more out of the way.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My family and I stayed at this bed and breakfast for 1 night only. The accommodation is very clean but old fashioned for my taste. It is on a main road but this did not prove to be a problem. The bathroom is incredibly small as is the room, if you were staying for more than 1 night this may be a problem. The room had a very small tv and a tea tray. Overall it was fine for one night but I think we payed £80 per room which I thought was way overpriced for this type of accomodation. I would happily of paid this for a boutique type B&B.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family