“Really nice”
Review of The Olive Tree

The Olive Tree
Ranked #86 of 268 Restaurants in Taunton
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We came upon this cafe quite by accident while wandering around Taunton. What a gem of a place. A nice lunch with a friendly waitress and a shared bottle of gorgeous Sheppy's cider. Hard to beat. Would definitely return when we're next in the area.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Me and my partner went to the olive tree today for lunch, both ordering baguettes and were very impressed! The granary bread was the freshest I have had in town and with a huge menu to choose from we struggled to pick. Alas, we were not dissapointed with our choices and left very satisfied. Will be returning :)

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

After a busy morning Christmas shopping my husband and I were relieved they were serving lunch after 2.30pm. We chose this place as have been before and like to support local businesses rather than chains. When we arrived the only table for 2 we could see had not been cleared so we made our way to a larger table which was laid...a man came over and said "Ok, if you must in a very rude tone! Not "Good afternoon, I hope you don't mind but if I clear a smaller table perhaps you could sit there?" He pointed to a cramped corner table but my husband suggested we would like a bit more room and asked if the other table could be cleared which he agreed to with equal impatience!
Very rude and unhelpful so promptly left and enjoyed a lovely lunch at a nearby chain with friendly polite staff!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

This deli has a really nice varied menu - great salads! Stairs up to café are very steep so would like to see more seats downstairs.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

We just happened upon this place on our way through Taunton. It looks lovely outside and in and their menu was just what we were after so we stopped for lunch. We both had homity pie which came with a range of salads including potato salad and which was really very tasty indeed. We had yerba mate tea with it as tehy do a fantastic range of teas (teapigs ones) which are also for sale there. We had such a good lunch that we picked up some bits there for later including some lovely local cheese and some home baked breads (their spelt rolls were lovely and soft) and some excellent granola. The atmosphere was very nice - there's a table downstairs (which was perfect for us as we were on bicycles and parked them the other side of the window) but there's also lots more seating upstairs where there were quite a few other customers. The toilets are upstairs so may be tricky if stairs are a challenge for you. Otherwise the place is fantastic and I would certainly go back if I'm in Taunton again (I reckon I would be a regular here if I lived in the area!).