“Warm and Welcoming. Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yallands Farmhouse

Yallands Farmhouse
Ranked #3 of 56 Taunton B&B and Inns
London
“Warm and Welcoming. Great breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had a fantastic few nights at Yallands. We had such a warm welcome on arrival and the service from Karen and Chris was fantastic. Karen even cleaned one of our sons baby grows!

Lovely breakfast too. Will stay there next time we are in Taunton.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Beaminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have stayed at Yallands Farmhouse regularly for several months and it is an excellent B & B that goes the extra mile to ensure your stay is comfortable. When I first stayed here Chris & Karen made me feel so welcome I felt like a close friend who they had known for years. The rooms I stay in are always serviced to an excellent standard and if I ever need anything Chris or Karen are always there to help. The breakfast is excellent as Karen (and sometimes Chris!!!) will cook exactly what you want rather than having to choose from a set menu. Karen’s evening meals are also of an excellent standard as it is home cooked food on a par with what you would find in a top class restaurant. I have found many extra little details that really add to making a comfortable stay such as a soft chair in the room, a quiet room and a clothes brush. Overall, this is an excellent B & B.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Fleet
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Yallands and everything was just as good as the last time. The room was very tastefully decorated. The bathroom and facilities were also of a high quality and very clean.

The Yallands breakfast was well cooked and you could have as much as you liked. Whether like me, you're passing through, or staying a few days, this is a lovely place to stay with Chris and Karen being very helpful and welcoming.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Twickenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

I booked me and my Bridesmaid into Yallands for 2 nights before i was getting married on the Saturday and my first impression of the building was amazing it was so old and quirky and loved it. Karen/Chris came to meet us at the door on arrival and they where very welcoming and we settled in right away. Our first night was lovely the shower was great with lovely fresh towels and the bed was so comfortable, just what we needed before the big day. Breakfast was very good on both days just what we needed to help us through the days (finishing off decorating the venue). On the morning of the wedding Karen was very sweet and excited about the day and very much looking forward to seeing us all dressed up. I would definitely recommend staying at Yallands, Karen and Chris where amazing and our whole experience was brilliant, I cant thank you both enough for being so helpful, it meant alot. Many Thanks Sophie & Charlotte

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Best b&b ever , thankyou for looking after us for our cricket week. Our room was beautiful and clean, wonderful jacuzzi and marvellous bath sheets. Breakfast and evening meals are superb with great choices. Our son loved the trampoline and pinball machine. The yallands garden is great for relaxing in at the end of the day. Thankyou Chris and Karen for a marvellous week, see you again next August love the rounds.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Yallands from a friends recommendation and to be close to Kings college. My younger son loved the gardens and the trampoline! Karen and Chris are very friendly. Rooms lovely and food brilliant. Sad to leave, its like being part of the family. Rebooked already.

• Stayed August 2013
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

A farmhouse within walking distance of the station? Yes! Yallands is a fabulous old house set in lovely gardens, just on the edge of Taunton. My single room was spacious and cosy and full of character. There was virginia creeper by my window and I looked out on the beautiful gardens.
Details that made it special: lovely old furniture, a proper armchair, a pretty teapot for my morning tea, generous hospitality tray, thick lined curtains, choice of feather or foam pillow, plenty of nice toiletries. I slept like a top.
Breakfast was first class, with fresh fruit salad and real wholemeal toast as well as the excellent full English breakfast.
Karen and Chris are very friendly hosts, and were helpful and flexible when I had to change my arrival time.
Yallands is a real find, worth going to Taunton for!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo