“Walk to the restaurant/breakfast room is a pain when it rains”

Premier Inn Taunton Ruishton (M5, J25) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Walk to the restaurant/breakfast room is a pain when it rains”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Friendly staff but restaurant and breakfast room is some distance from the hotel. Therefore one has to dress according to the weather to eat one's breakfast or supper which is a bit of a pain. There is an alternative pub grub place in the nearby village which is OK but this is is brisk 10 min walk away (if drinking) with very limited street lighting. Would not recommend this walk if you are a lone female.

Also this hotel lacks techno facilities, so don't stay here if you need it for administrative business use.

Room Tip: I've stayed here twice and have no problems with noise - just the general facilities. If a singl...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Good hotel, did not book in advance so charged £75 which was a bit excessive but other hotels nearby were full. Usual good Premier Inn standeard, next door restaurant a bit basic anddated but food was okay (carvery). Buffet breakfast good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed last weekend,staff very pleasant apart from carvery chef,who said he was fed at beging of shift. The room was very dated with paint peeling off bathroom fittings and the bed was a very standard single with an extra small duvea.anyway I went in the pub next door and waited for the carvery to start. The food looked fab,i paid the extra £1.50 for extra meat and yorkshire and collected my plait,gave the chef(miserable unshaven) my token for a large meal? I have had a biger portion at tesco and having almost lost a tooth trying to bite my way through the over done yorkshire,stuffing&roasties had to suffer the blandast gravy I have ever had. This place was jam packed and at over £10 for 1 course was not value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jon2254
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We stopped here for 1 night on the 4th October 2012 and stayed in Room 5.
The Hotel Receptionist was as usual very friendly and helpful an the check in process fine.
We did not opt for breakfast as we were travelling on quite early, but we did eat in the nearby Restuarant connected to this chain. The food there was good and the only issue, if at all, was not the food but really the rather unsafe flooring in the eatery. The had obviously had some sort of 'movement' as the floor boarding had lifted up by about a 1'( 12" ) and tripping or ballancing a table near it was not good so we had to move away. Really they should have kept people away from that area as the Restuarant was certainly big enough to do so. Otherwise, good place.
The room was standard but with a poor television, old style with no working remote. Also a lack of towels which was only realised in the morning so a supply for 1 person instead of 2.
As usual ,the bed was comfortable and the sleep quality good.
A little more attention to the details mentioned and this would be up there with the rest of the Premier Inn Branding we have used.
Having said that, for 1 night, it was ok.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I have stayed at a number of Premier Inns. They are all uniformly good for what they are, and this was no exception (though you would be lucky to get a room for £29 a night). Pleasant staff, and clean comfortable rooms. They would be even more welcoming for a packet of biscuits or two. I stayed in a disabled room. There were a few niggles - the pull cord for the light over the sink was broken, the sink was very small, and the soap (foam) dispenser was at right angles to the sink and so not easy to operate. I've seen worse design elsewhere though.

Room Tip: In the morning I could hear someone walking about in the room above. Top floor better if you are not...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Ian S
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Myself and my husband stayed in this Inn for one night in mid September. I'd seen an 'iffy' review of this place a few days previously, but can't reconcile that with our experience at all. Upon arrival, we were greeted by the most pleasant receptionist - who even phoned our room shortly after we checked in, to enquire as to whether everything was to our liking - it was!). We had a lovely large room on the ground floor. Everything was clean and comfortable. The only - well, it's not even a glitch, in my opinion - but the only thing I could see that might merit deducting a few marks - was that the grouting between the tiles in the bathroom wall wasn't as white as it should be. It didn't look great, but I checked - and it was all perfectly clean. The water pressure in the bath was brilliant - that's something I always notice! We had dinner in the restaurant. We chose the carvery option, and there was plenty of good food, with an unlimited supply of a choice of about 8 vegetables - good honest food, which represented great value for money. The location was good too. No complaints at all - in fact, I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed at many brilliant premier inns but this is the best one to date the receptionist was busy with another person when I was greeted by the head housekeeper (im sure her name is tracy) who then proceed to book me in she gave me all the info that I needed recommended where to eat and made sure I had all I needed. I was due to go to a business meeting which I did not want to drive to and she went ahead and booked taxi to the meeting for me I felt very welcome and feel that she went above and beyond for me.

Room Tip: Room 7 was the one that I stayed in and could not fault it at all
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business