It was stiflingly hot in every part of the building despite all windows being open. They have fans in all rooms and extra fans available so this is obviously a real problem. There is no air con and none of the extra fans reduced the temperature. It was 27 degrees in our first floor room early in the morning, no. 31. The outside temp was about 18 at the time. It was so bad I couldn't face another night there, we were offered a full refund and we moved to the Holiday Inn Express a few miles away. (helpful receptionist)
Breakfast is served in the rather scruffy, hot, ( air con not on ) pub alongside, it did not look as though it had been cleaned from the night before. When we arrived at 8.30 a.m. there were no clean tables, no bowls and no cups available. The cereal dispensers did not work and there were only 2 or 3 staff on duty who were very harassed. The food, however, was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from the town centre, just a short walk from Lyngford House and Somerset County Cricket Club ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel Taunton
- Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel Somerset