“Good all round hotel”

Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here several times and have always rated it highly. Would say the best side is the uneven numbers as the road can be very noisy. Other than that no complaints. Thanks to Donna for efficient and friendly manner, a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Spent less than 12 hours at this hotel but it left a good impression. It is not the most modern Premier Inn I have stayed in but made up for it in cleanliness, the size of the room and the very comfortable bed. The breakfast was excellent and all round the customer service was top notch. At £72 including breakfast and wifi (a supplement of £3) it was good value.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I spent two nights here whilst visiting Taunton. The hotel was easy to find and had adequate parking facilities. The cost of two nights (Fri and Sat) was £150 which I found rather excessive for a budget hotel.

The Receptionist was very friendly and helpful during the booking-in process. The room was large and clean with a choice of hard or soft pillows.

A brisk 25 minute walk takes you into the centre of Taunton with a wide range of shops and restaurants. There is a Tesco Express within 10 minutes walk of the hotel.

The Premier cooked breakfast is expensive unless you have children eating free or have an enormous appetite. Apart from breakfast I did not eat in the restaurant due to the limited choice of vegetarian meals (two rather boring options).

Traffic noise was minimal as I was in a room overlooking the car park/adjacent restaurant. I understand that rooms on the opposite side of the building suffer from being situated alongside the main road.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ReadingRenegade
Reviewed 3 April 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay and it's still good value for money. The heating was poor. The TV had problems which I suggest could of been (and should have been) sorted before my check in. For the price - it's worthwhile. Very good for business and or leisure...

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We stopped overnight here on our way to Dartmouth. It was a good overnight stop at a very reasonable price. ( one of their £29 Deals ). Hotel was clean and had all facilities required. Not luxury but what do you expect for £29.

Food next door was very good and was very popular. Always a good sign.

Close to M5.

Desk staff (young Gentleman) was excellent.

Pleased with stay.

Room Tip: Quieter in rear we were upstairs rear, never heard a sound.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave_Gee358
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stayed here during the snow for 2 days and the staff were wonderful. Helpful, checking the room heating was ok, booking me in to the restaurant etc. It was the restaurant that let them down I felt.
I was a solo lady and the restaurant had my order an hour before I was booked but still let me sit in the middle on my own for nearly half an hour before serving me.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We stayed over purely to sleep the night. We were warmly welcomed and an offer to call us a taxi appeared to be no trouble at all. Our room was what we expected from a Premier Inn; warm, very clean, functional, a bit characterless, good bed, bath with shower over, tea and coffee facilities and good towels. We were situated on the quieter side of the building and experienced no noise problems at all. They prefer you pre-order breakfast if you know you would like it but it can be left until the morning to decide if you prefer. Satisfied with our stay and would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter night ask for the quieter part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple