Stayed for one night to break our long drive from Otley West Yorkshire to Penzance. I'd booked fairly well in advance so had got the super saver rate.
I have dithered between 4 and 5 stars in all honesty. What I would have marked them down on: the bed frame was shocking...really creaky when you got in and out of bed...but the mattress was comfy. The tv was really old, I don't know why they haven't been changed. But apart from that, the room was spacious and spotlessly clean.
We had dinner and breakfast in the adjacent Brewer's Fayre, it was fine.
What really impressed me was how all the staff we came into contact with were really friendly and obliging, from the receptionist, to all the staff in the restaurant and the room attendant. They made an effort with their attitude so I feel they make it a 5 star review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes from the town centre, just a short walk from Lyngford House and Somerset County Cricket Club ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Premier Inn so you can book your Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel Taunton
- Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel Somerset