“short stay and sweet”

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
London, United Kingdom
“short stay and sweet”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

this hotal can not be found on the sat nav.
Friendly clean hotel great staff highly recommended
friendly hotel staff
easy too book in
tauton has a great museum in the centre of town, it is free entry and great for children as it is smaller.
during our stay we also visited Fayn court lovely walks with a café this is run by national trust look at their website for details
we only stayed on Tauton for one night

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
UK
Reviewed 26 February 2014

If you are allocated a room facing the main road, you will struggle to sleep if like me you are a light sleeper. I asked to be moved but the hotel was full so nothing doing. Fair enough, I can't complain at that. Next day I got the usual "was everything ok" my answer of "well if you count having 3 hours sleep as being ok then yes". No point pushing the good night guarantee although there was no offer. My company had paid so it wouldn't have benefitted me anyway. Room was ok. Usual standard for premier inn. Breakfast was poor. Lukewarm buffet service with eggs that were rubbery and overcooked. Disappointing for the £100 paid.

Room Tip: Do not get a room facing the road.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Taunton Central (North) Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have a quiet stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. As well, we sincerely apologise our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I've now stayed here a couple of times and both occasions the room has been clean and my opinion has been that I'll definitely stay again if I am in Taunton. As every Premier Inn it does not have your "luxuries" but for a few nights it is absolutely fine and provides a relaxing place to stay. They also let my colleague leave his car there for 36 hours when we travelled down to Cornwall together for another meeting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Premier Inn Taunton, good rooms, comfortable bed and excellent restaurant attached. Poor allowance on free wifi. Not easy to get into town if you don't want to use your car.. buses seem to be rare, but parking in the town wasn't to bad. Would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Cam, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This wasn't the best Premier Inn that I have stayed in. The poor quality of lighting in the bedroom was particularly annoying; also the WIFI would not work in the evening, although this was rectified in the morning. On a positive note, the reception staff were friendly and welcoming, as I have come to expect in this chain.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Horsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have to say as this is my first experience in staying in a Premier Inn, I was pleasantly surprised at how well run it is. The staff at the reception was friendly and helpful, this shows that they had been trained well to a reasonable standard. I would recommend to my friends for them to stay in a Premier INn if they were looking for a low cost accommodation. The rooms were clean and even though the hotel is situated along a busy road, we barely noticed the traffic. We had breakfast in the restaurant next door, it was adequate, I can't remember what it is now, it's one that serve buffet breakfast and free to kids. All I can say is that - there were lots - great for big appetites.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were visiting family on New Year's Day & needed somewhere cheap & comfortable to stay on New Year's Eve. This place ticked all the boxes. As always with a Premier Inn the bed was big & comfortable, the room was clean & the staff were friendly and helpful. For £29 on New Year's Eve, you can't say fairer than that. It was a bit noisy, but you can't really complain about that on New Year's Eve! Earplugs did the trick & we had a very comfortable night.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the 1st floor overlooking the car park as they're quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple