“Great experience”

Premier Inn Taunton East
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This type of hotel and restaurant can be a little hit or miss. However, this PI was very clean, good size rooms, friendly staff and restaurant offered excellent steaks, cooked as requested! My only negative is that you have to pay for hot chocolate at breakfast for the kids which I think is a bit tight really and not necessary!

Room Tip: You have a good night sleep guarantee, so if you're not satisfied they will do something about i...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I've stayed in a few Premier Inn's, this being the last one. They are great value for money. I think we paid no more than £30 for a family of four.

Seriously, what do people expect for this price! I've got nothing more than praise for the chain. Now i'm sure there are horror stories, everyone has a bad day but as long as they learn from the experience as is my own experience with Premier Inn, then just get on with it.

This Premier Inn was consistant with all the others I've stayed in. Yes, the reception wasn't as Jazzy as one other I've stayed in, but that one was in York and probably had a larger turn over of guests.

Our bedroom was fine, modern, clean and perfectly functional. We had everything we needed such as kettle and there was plenty of space considering there was a double bed, a travel cot and a single bed. A fridge would have been perfect so we could chill the baby's bottles. But, we always get by using the bath with a little cold water in it.

There was no where to eat in this Premier Inn, but there was an adjacent pub of some chain I can't remember. The pub wasn't great value for money. The menu wasn't particularly good, neither the food or the speed of service. I have eaten and drank in other chains that produce the same for less. However, this really didn't ruin anything as I still had a good night.

No complaints about the night. I slept well, the bed was comfy, there was no noise to wake me in the middle of the night.

I always love a cooked English breakfast the day after a hotel stop, and this one was fine. It was again served in the pub adjacent. It was waiter service, I'd have preferred a self service one, that way you can be greedy incogneto. But the pub would give as much as you asked for, my husband had no scrouples asking for four rashes of bacon, two eggs and three sausages, and he got it. I was more modest. The lady who took our order was very friendly and even fussed over our baby. We were a bit embarassed when we left because our seven month old had left mushy, gummed toast everywhere. But the lady ushered us away and insisted on cleaning up herself. Again, great service.

There's nothing flashy about Premier Inn, it is a no frills stop over. They don't offer anything but a clean room and a comfy bed and if you have a complaint, in my one experience, they refunded the full price. If you want character, charm, refinery or to be spoilt, go somewhere else and pay the price.

Premier Inn are great for that one night stop over on the way to somewhere special. I for one, are a very loyal and grateful Premier Inn customer.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2011

No bad experience, everything we needed whilest spending Christmas with our family in Taunton. The Breakfast & dinner facilities next door was excellent with very friendly staff, good food and relaxing atmosphere. We booked well in advance so got a good deal - if we had to pay full price we would have gone to hotel (Holiday Inn) that had better offer up to 3 days before our stay.

Room Tip: All rooms same.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Room clean and bed comfortable, but was overlooking carpark, which for some reason noisy all night (a Sunday). Managed about 2 hour sleep between 12 and 2 am. Otherwise awake all night. Receptionist v helpful when I checked in.

Room Tip: don't face the car park!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 December 2011

We used this Premier Inn as we were going to Cornwall and broke the journey with an overnight stay. All the staff were lovely, dissapointed that the real ale was off and apparently had been the day before also, an oversight by management??
Nice place, nice food and cheerful staff. somewhat unusual :-)

Room Tip: Make a call and speak to the reception staff before arrival
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Arrived at approx 7pm 26th Nov, to be greeted by a very cold bedroom. I have stayed at many Premier Inns before as a guest and a paying customer but this bedroom was just very tired looking. The additional sofa bed was very uncomfortable to sit on when watching a very old television. Woken up during the night by noise outside in the car park and then twice with party goers inside the corridor and in their bedroom which was 2 or 3 rooms away! Complained to receptionist in the morning and she just apologised saying 'sorry'. Lack of customer service.. Mr Lenny Henry has alot to answer - with the good night promise!
Overall I would never use this one again but to be fair I have found other Premier Inns better quality and more attentive towards customers.

Room Tip: Do not book a room over looking the large carpark esp on a saturday night
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Premier_Inn, Online Guest Relations at Premier Inn Taunton East, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Premier Inn really appreciate it and take all feedback that we receive seriously. I do apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay. On receipt of your details, I will arrange a refund for your stay in line with Premier Inn's Good Night Guarantee. I will also fully investigate the issues raised regarding the hotel. I hope this shows our commitment to ensuring our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. Once again, thank you for your review, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 November 2011

I was lucky to benefit from two nights on very good offers when taking my husband away for the weekend for his birthday and at the same time visiting relatives. This Premier Inn was comfortable, spotlessly clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast at the Beefeater was very good value and the staff here were also very helpful and cheerful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple