“Nice Refurbishment but please change mattresses”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Taunton East Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
stafford
“Nice Refurbishment but please change mattresses”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed here on the 29th September for one night on our way to South Devon for a holiday. The room had recently refurbished and looked really nice and we were very pleased with the service we received from the staff they were very helpful and also parking wasn't an issue.
The only negative thing I would like to mention is the mattress, it was the worst nights sleep we have ever had. We woke up about 7 times in the night with aches and pains and in the end I moved onto the sofa which was better but still couldn't sleep due to the pains I was experiencing. The following morning I spoke to reception and they agreed to refund my money which I presume this as now been done. Please please do something about the mattresses as the rest of the refurbishment is to a very good standard. Regards to the aches and pains we are still experiencing aches a week later. We were in room 26. My review would of been excellent if I wasn't for the mattress.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank abbie31

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Very pleasant staff. Room recently refurbished. Should have covered furniture when painting! no shaver socket. We dont all wet shave! Bed comfy as always. Very noisy bathroom fan. Breakfast was amazing. Lasted all say on what I ate. All in all a good stay.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Nottighamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed here on 13th September for one night. We had two rooms booked, one for my parents and another for myself, my husband and six month old daughter.

As other reviewers have stated the hotel has recently been refurbished, it is excellent. Real attention to detail, lighting in the rooms is excellent and the new beds are extremely comfortable.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

We had both an evening meal and breakfast in the beefeater at the side, the service here was extremely attentive and the staff were very accommodating.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Kinross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Myself and 4 friends booked 3 rooms hear for one night stay on saturday 14th september the hotel is undergoing refurbishment at the moment.I have to say this is one of the most friendly premier inns I have stayed in. The room I was inn was clean & tidy and had the new style flat screen tv on the wall.The receptionist was a very friendly lady and mad emy friends and I most welcome.We went to have a meal at the nearby resturant and again very friendly welcome although my only fault with the restuarant was the food was a little bit slow in comming from the kitchen but apart from that it was fine.Also had breakfast the following morning cheery welcolm but again the cooked breakfast was a little bit slow coming from the kitchen but again was very enjoyabile.So overall I would Highly recomend this Premier Inn to anyone we were there for a stock car meeting Great staff a credit to Premier Inn Ho forgot to mention had a real good peacefull nights sleep

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights to visit an event outside Taunton, location was prefect. Arrived just after midnight and receptionist was friendly and helpful, stayed in room 3 which was next to reception, which initially wprried me thT i might hear lots of noise of people coming in and out, but no, never heard a thing!
Hotel was having work done to it however this made no difference to us at all either, was never disturbed by noise from workmen.

Was £150 for the two nights... Felt this maybe could have included breakfast, but hey I'm not a breakfast person anyway.

Would stay again if in the area

• Stayed September 2013
Newhaven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

We didn't know what to expect when we booked into Taunton East, but it looked very inviting. Room was lovely and the staff very warm and welcoming. Would have liked a longer stay! Facilities v good++.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Florida City, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Had a two nights stay along with friends. Rooms have been renovated and are very clean with nice big tv's and nice lighting in room. However the beds were the hardest and most uncomfortable beds any of us had ever slept in and that includes camping trips. We all had uncomfortable nights sleep whilst there and awoke with aches and pains in the morning. I have stayed in many Premiers over the years and always had a good sleep.The receptionist explained they were new mattresses and we were given refunds (we believe). If the beds had been like our previous experiences I would award a 5 star rating. It was a great shame because the staff and the rest of the rooms were top notch. Please get the manager to spend a night on one and then you'll know what we mean!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Taunton East Hotel, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guest have a comfortable nights sleep, we sincerely apologise that we failed to provide this. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.