“Perfect stay”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Bradford-on-avon, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Welcoming staff, rooms are clean, tidy and very up to date, bathroom (with over bath shower) were very clean and everything needed. Pub within 1 minute walk from reception served fantastic evening means and breakfast was so good I'd go again just for that.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent service, would stay there again. Staff friendly and genuine, convenient location, good nights sleep guaranteed with clean fresh rooms. Good parking facitlies for disabled parking and camera checked car park.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 175Retired
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed for one night in a brand new room in the new extension to this hotel. It was a lovely big room with nice comfy bed and pillows, lovely new TV and lovely and quiet. The only problem was that the shower in the bathroom did not work. We reported this to the receptionist when we left the following day. She said she would report this to Housekeeping and offered us a refund but to date this has not been forthcoming. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, lovely for the price.

Also, the adjoining Restaurant The White Lodge was very good value for money and lovely food.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cornwall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Another great stay with Premier Inn. Taunton East is either new or recently refurbished, but either way it is a lovelyexample of how a motel should be; clean, comfortable, quiet and well located close to the M5. There is a link to the Beafeater restuarant next door which serves above average pub food in the evening and broad choice for breakfast. Staff at both sites are friendly and helpful, even when short staffed and run off their feet!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We went in to book ten rooms and were told we had to speak to the Manager about group bookings. The manager was standing 2 metres away from us talking to someone. She never acknowledged us, carried on talking about non business subjects, never looked at us, never said...'I'll be with you in a minute'. The receptionist didn't interrupt her either but said she would ask her to call us later.
No phone call, nothing. And apparently there are no group rates anyway.
We know Premier Inns are good but this one just lost our business. And for us to call them is 10p a minute!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 97JC50
Christchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Very clean, looks like newly refurbished. Don't eat in the Beefeater next door !! We used this hotel as a base for a wedding & reception in Taunton. Good, bright and spacious double room. Booked earlier last year on Prem inn website so very good deal.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I have become somewhat familiar with the various fit outs of Premier Inn rooms and now seek out the newly refurbished ones.

This is the most up to date one we've stayed at and I have to say I was rather impressed. There is a 42" TV with beneath it at desk level VGA, HDMI and USB interfaces, meaning you can connect laptops / USB sticks and play films straight from them.

There is a purple light at the back of the headboard which is excellent, it provides enough light to move around without breaking your neck, while at the same time not disturbing my better half.

There is a handy plug socket built in under the bedside table, but for some curious reason, in our room this was only on the left side. The new tea tray layout is much better and the kettles don't take an hour to boil. The cups are still too small so we bring our own. You load the wardrobe from the side which is a clever use of space, though I'm not sure positioning the bottle opener in it was such a smart idea - I wouldn't want to open a bottle of beer with it if my wife's clothes were hanging up in there!

I have been in Premier Inn rooms where they have silent fans in the bathrooms, that is not the case in this one. To combat this, we have our own small battery powered light that we leave on the bathroom shelf. Unfortunately, I was woken up by the bathroom fan from the room upstairs as I had left the bathroom door open and it echoed down.

There is plenty of parking and the Beefeater restaurant is the same as any other, curiously none of them offer baked potatoes any more, which I find annoying as I prefer them to chips.

Tracey on reception was very helpful and nice, couldn't do enough to make you happy - Top marks to her :)

I have 2 standard moans about Premier Inn:

1) The WiFi should be free. You don't expect me to put £1 coins in the shower and as far as I'm concerned, internet while away on business is essential. I might add that having begrudgingly paid the £3 because the phone signal was so awful, I was most annoyed that my room had no coverage.

2) Premier Inn insist on only advertising 0871 number for their hotels. For the few measly pence they make, you and I pay probably north of 50p a minute. These numbers are just unacceptable Premier Inn - Take note, I paid £20 extra for my car insurance because the cheapest quote only had 0845 numbers!

Anyway, as they won't tell you the geographic number - I will, It's 01823 332941

All round an excellent hotel.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business