“Sunday carvery best in Taunton by far! ”
Review of The Allerford Inn

The Allerford Inn
Ranked #13 of 289 Restaurants in Taunton
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

Great service, lovely food with a great selection of vegetables on the carvery wouldn't eat no where else but here in Taunton for a Sunday roast the best by far! Very good would recommend to anyone we are regulars who eat here most Sunday's

Allerford I, Public Relations Manager at The Allerford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2016

Hello Sophz34,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for the fabulous title of your review - we certainly have a lot to live up to with such a great compliment! We are extremely happy to hear you enjoyed our very popular Sunday carvery and we are delighted to receive the compliment of 'Sunday carvery best in Taunton by far'. We take pride in every aspect of our carvery and it is always a to receive feedback as great as yours. We have become fans of you all as well and we are thrilled you have become regulars with us.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2016

Very much enjoyed our meal here the other night as always. Great suroundings, friendly and helpful staff, and fantastic food Recomend their beef burgers followed by home made Toblerone cheesecake.
We really like this place and are looking forward to having our wedding reception here in June

Hello johnsym,

Thank you for your review and for the lovely comments. It's great we are consistently impressing you and you enjoy every visit with us. We definitely agree with you on the beef burger and Toblerone cheesecake recommendation - they are both very popular here! We are very happy you are having your wedding reception with us and we are very much looking forward to it :-)

See you all soon

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

Took my parents there for dinner. If you've got a big appetite this is the place for you. Man size portions of well prepared quality food. One of the few places I've been where they can cook a steak exactly like you order it.
Comfortable surroundings and friendly, helpful service. I'd definitely go again.

Allerford I, Public Relations Manager at The Allerford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2016

Hello Rose W,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and to leave such lovely comments. We are delighted to hear you all enjoyed your meals with us. At The Allerford Inn, we all try our best to get everything right for our customers and we delighted to hear with achieved this for you all. We hope to see you all again very soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Visited the Allerford on a quiet Saturday night, food was average TBH. I would return to the Allerford but merely for a quick bite rather than something more special

Hello dazzerTauntonUK,

Thank you for your review, we are disappointed to hear you thought the food was average but we hope to impress you on your next visit.

Hope to see you soon

Reviewed 24 April 2016

I had a group of international visitors who were attending my place of work. They wanted to experience an informal, relaxed environment whilst staying in Taunton. Based on our visits to The Allerford, I thought I'd book them in there.

You then worry - that you've recommended somewhere, based on your experience, but is it what our international guests would enjoy?

Needn't have worried!! I got into my office the next morning to find a picture of a "thumbs up"!

The feedback I had was that everyone had really enjoyed their meal - but not just the meal, the atmosphere was great, made to feel extremely welcome - just an overall very enjoyable evening.

Two of our hosts had said they'd thought of visiting, but hadn't got round to it - but now say they're going to definitely visit in the future.

So once again, thank you to all at The Allerford - unfortunately I couldn't join them that evening - so will have to visit again with the family!

Keep up the great work you're doing there!!

Hello Helbean,

Thank you for taking the time to review us and that you have written it in such glowing terms. We are delighted your guests enjoyed their visit with us, it was our pleasure! We thrilled to hear they found us welcoming and they had a good evening all round. Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we look forward to seeing you soon.