“lovely restaurant great carvery”
Review of The Allerford Inn

The Allerford Inn
Ranked #13 of 284 Restaurants in Taunton
Reviewed 28 October 2016

really nice restaurant , carvery is among the best i have had in the area hope to visit again very soon

Allerford I, Public Relations Manager at The Allerford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Hello dan d,

Thank you for your to the point review, you couldn't of given us a better sentence stating 'carvery is among the best' thank you very much! We really appreciate the statement and we hope you visit again and keep on enjoying The Allerford Inn.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

We had friendly and attentive service throughout with regard to decision making about size and number of tables, decorations, choice of food to be offered, etc. etc. All guests enjoyed the delicious food and the lovely atmosphere at the venue.

Hello Gillian B,

Thank you for your kind review. It was our pleasure to host such a lovely day for you both. We are thrilled you received our high standard customer service right from the beginning and throughout to the end. It's great to hear all your guests enjoyed their visit and everything we had to offer at The Allerford Inn.

We very much look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Went in for lunch with my fiance and daughter friendly staff and nice quality food liked the look of the whole menu will definitely return!!

Hello gitinapintpot1987,

Thank you for your short and sweet review, it's great everyone enjoyed their visit to The Allerford Inn.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

Where do we start?!
Well, as soon as we started discussing wedding reception ideas, my now husband and I had no hesitations in discussing The Allerford. It would be the ideal venue for what we were envisaging for our day. It's relaxed, does great food, plenty of outside space for the kids to let of steam, and most importantly serves great cider ;-)
From the very start of our planning Tom was at hand and helped us put together a package that encapsulated our likes from the welcome drinks, right through to the evening buffet. Nothing was too much to ask, Tom even helped us source the most amazing band to play our evening reception.
We truly had the most amazing, memorable day with all our friends and families saying likewise, the quality of food served was second to none, Tom and his team truly did us proud!

Thank-you to Tom and his fabulous staff team, we will most definitely be back, time and time again

2  Thank tracey d
Allerford I, Public Relations Manager at The Allerford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Hello tracey d,

Wow, what a smashing review - thank you!!
We were very honoured to be able to host such a special day for you both and thank you for choosing The Allerford Inn to create those memories in.
We are delighted you both found everything to your liking on your big day and we were able to make it that bit extra special for you and it's great to hear all your guests enjoyed their visit also.
Thank you for your lovely compliments regarding the staff and Tom, we really appreciate your compliments.
We wish you all the best and we very much look forward to seeing you for more visits.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

On our 40th Anniversary booked Sunday lunch here - never been before but reviews seemed positive. Arrived at a 'holiday camp' with very young toddlers running and screaming everywhere, we were plonked in the middle of the dining room surrounded by them all - I had said it was an anniversary meal when I booked so had hopes for a decent table. Food not bad although put off it as the person in front had her hair dangling all over the meat and yorkshires (low carvery stand). Terrible atmosphere just ate the lunch and went home for pudding and coffee - very disappointed as you only have a 40th once in a lifetime (hopefully) - had to queue to find out what the 'form' was, bar staff not particularly friendly or helpful - they gave us a ticket stub each and told us to go to the carvery. We were left to get on with it needless to say, won't be going back there and atmosphere is awful unless you like toddlers hurling themselves around while you eat!

TA7757, Owner at The Allerford Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2016

Dear Patchysea,

Sunday is by far our busiest day and we are proud to be a family friendly pub, I am amazed you came to one of the biggest pubs in the area when it sounds like you wanted a quiet, empty, child free dining experience. The only place I think you will find that in Taunton on a Sunday is a care home dining room then again having worked in care homes as a kid they can get a bit rambunctious let me tell you!

The Carvery unit has a glass guard so I don't believe your comment about other customers leaning into it, unless Rapunzel had paid us a visit.

Your comments about atmosphere are in the minority but I guess if you were looking for a quite pub with a few customer on a Sunday well again I am pleased to say that is not us.

I again think your comments about kids is unfair most parents are very responsible and would find what you have said a bit insulting.

If the bar staff were not friendly then I apologize although I don't think they would be.

Anyway all that aside, I agree with you about not coming back, this does not seem to be the pub for you. I must however thank you for taking the time to write a review on 2 of our online forums, the question is will you find the 3rd ............................... I also have to thank you because I have wanted to use the word rambunctious in a review for ages :-)

Warm regards,