“A great luxury getaway!”

Cedar Falls Health Farm
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I had a one night break here with my daughter. We had one of the basic rooms which we found to be bright, clean and had lovely views over the hills. The grounds at Cedar Falls are second to none, really beautiful.
Cedar Falls has a very relaxed atmosphere; we lounged around in our very fluffy dressing gowns all day. It was great to be able to just dip into the pool or use the sauna/steam rooms as and when we wanted.
The staff were incredibly helpful at all times, and very friendly.

We decided to be brave and try the Garra Rufa fish, well what a lovely experience that was, my daughter liked it so much she tried it twice………….and yes our feet felt really soft afterwards. It was very reasonably priced as we took advantage of the special offers that are on during the mornings. We also had a very relaxing back and then hand massages, again excellent.

I would definitely recommend Cedar Falls for anyone who deserves to be pampered and wants to opt out of the demands and stresses of everyday life.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Funhun
HelenClockwork, Marketing Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

Thank you for your lovely review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love that our guests can visit us and do as much (or as little!) as they like during their break. Hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Cedar Falls Health Farm

Reviewed 14 June 2011

The food is excellent, the pool area is lovely, views and grounds stunning, the staff could not be more helpful.

Room Tip: The upgraded rooms are worth the extra,
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
CedarFallsManagement, Marketing Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank you for your review. Really pleased that you had a lovely time and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 June 2011

I think the recession is starting to hit the morale of some of the staff. Some really don't seem bothered about what you have requested. It's best to ring again to double check if you've made any specific requests as they don't seem to listen or think anything's important to a customer.The food is ok. It all looks a bit tired and needs a good overhaul. The loungers by the pool are such an uncomfortable shape you can't sit properly and can't read. They're all lumps and bumps in the wrong places. The general feel is of sad decay. The funniest thing is the relaxation room where a relaxation session is meant to take place at a set time. I assumed this was a short class with a teacher talking through relaxation techniques. Sadly the lunchtime waiter came down with a seagull cd and spent a long time carshing around trying to fit it in the player and then left us to it. Not at all relaxing but quite humorous. The main highlight is some of the therapists, they are excellent, but it is expensive. I find the day packages not good value for money and with the recession Cedar Falls really needs to get it's act together quickly. I won't be going again unless they come up with some reasonable deals with treatments you can choose rather than a dry float (waste of time) It all looks a bit cluttered and jaded. It depends what you want, I think clintele are looking for something more upmarket and higher quality than this at these prices. It didn't feel like much of a treat. It seems the excellent exercise teacher has gone and it's all a bit military, you may want this but it doesn't really fit with the theme.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Camille2911

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive review.

I am really grateful for your praise of our therapists (they are a great team!) but we obviously have some points to work on in other areas and will endeavour to do so. We receive lots of very positive reviews but it is paramount that every guest goes away feeling really special and we will be acting upon your comments. Just this month we have introduced more flexible (and competitively-priced) day and stay packages so guests can choose a basic day or stay and add on any treatments of their choice.

Once again, thank you for your time. I do hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

As has been stated in previous reviews, this spa does lack the glitz and glamour of other such establishments. For me, however, this factor makes it all the more appealing. As an exhaused working mother of two boys with little time for myself, I find Cedar Falls the perfect place to escape and relax. There are people there from all walks of life, all body shapes and sizes and all there for different reasons and yet I feel that there is a space for everyone. The pool area, conservatory, jaquzzi and sauna are beautifully refreshing. There are quiet zones with carefully thought out colours, lights and furnishings such as huge beanbags (I normall fall asleep in here for an hour!) The classes are varied and friendly - even when trying something new I've always been made to feel at ease. I've been lucky enough to sample several treatments which have always been to a high standard and professionally done. As soon as I arrive into the beautiful grounds of Cedar Falls, I feel a sense of calm wash over me. I've taken my mum and best friend along on seperate occasions and am hoping to take my husband very soon! I also have to give a mention to the wonderful restaurant - Prior to my first visit I worried that the food may be unsubstantial or lacking in variety but how wrong I was! The food's amazing, as is the whole dining experience, especially the evening meals! The desserts are to die for!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends

Wow! What a kind review. We're really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forwards to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 18 January 2011

Cedar Falls is a genuine Spa Hotel who soley cater for people wanting a relaxing break away from the hussle and bussle of daily life. Unlike a lot of 'Spa Hotel' this one doesn't have buisness men/women or conferences going on, which makes your stay much more relaxing and comfortable.
The spa facilities are good, with a nice indoor pool that is just about big enough to do lenghts in. The large hot tub above the pool is a good size and is constantly going, unlike some that require a 5 minute break after each use.
The treatment area's are also good and the staff are very informative and friendly. The treatments are a bit pricey but i didn't begrudge paying for them as they were very good.
The Hotel Rooms were disappointing. Carpets in the bathrooms (so 1980's) and everything just looked a bit drab. The rooms are big and beautiful but they just need updating.
The food at Cedar Falls is very good. you get a wide choice from very healthy to a little bit naughty, and it's all delicious. The staff in the restaurant are also very friendly and professional.
The Cedar Falls webite doesn't do it justice and I think they are missing a trick with that one.
Overall we had a good stay and we would go back again but only if they had another good offer on. We paid £95 pp for a one night stay including full use of the facilities, a twin ensuite room, 3 course evening meal and a full breakfast.

• Stayed: January 2011
2  Thank Tiddy25
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Had a lovely weekend at CF. It's all really inoffensive and pleasant, but don't go along thinking it's Pennyhill Park etc. However, it's everything you need to relax in terms of facilities, sleep, service (Steph is reception is a major asset) and food! House is gorgeous, pretty grounds. Public areas very smart. Rooms totally fine but could do with an overhaul style-wise...lots of chintzy fabric and funny ornaments. Restaurant areas are good. Food is plentiful (breakfast, lunch and dinner) and all healthy, but it all sadly lacks flavour - seasoning and herbs could be handy! Spa area is very limited, which the brochure/website doesn't indicate - small pool, and small sauna/steam (there is another in the changing rooms). Relaxing chairs are VERY uncomfortable, forcing your body into an "S" shape. BUT...it really is all you need, and this is a health spa not a luxury day spa - there being a difference. And the treatments are excellent, extensive selection! Good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank MaryAF
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Our first impression was that it was very old, and old fashioned, but once we'd settled in we really enjoyed our stay. The house and rooms would not look right modernised, but there are areas that could be improved slightly. The dining area was lovely - and the food gorgeous and healthy which we learned about during one of the evening talks on nutrition. The spa treatments were wonderful as were all the staff. We liked the look of the dark relaxation/meditation room but didn't get an opportunity to use it. The pool area could do with being spruced up. It was a very enjoyable and relaxing stay.

• Stayed: September 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
The Mount Somerset Hotel
The Cleve Hotel & Spa
The Cleve Hotel & Spa
#2 of 2 in Wellington
Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25

Been to Cedar Falls Health Farm? Share your experiences!