“A real treat”

Cedar Falls Health Farm
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I recently visited Cedar Falls for the first time and was really impressed by the professionalism of the staff. The food was lovely and my room was the perfect place to enjoy an undisturbed sleep. I returned home truly relaxed and look forward to visiting again soon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Cameron_Hodder, General Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Jane B,

Delighted to read that you recently visited Cedar Falls for the first time and had such a lovely stay.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with the rest of the team.
Very pleased to read you enjoyed the food and had such a restful stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I went to Cedar Falls for a 40th birthday treat with 2 close friends. We all had treatments which were wonderful, the therapists were friendly & knowledgeable . Lunch was adequate,very tasty but not much of it & a bread roll with the soup wouldn't have gone amiss!
All the staff were helpful & approachable, be careful when booking in advance treatments of the month as unless you are planning on going during the same month the price will revert back to full price & it may be abit of a shock if you're on a budget! Fortunately for us,the kind lady on reception took this into consideration & we paid the reduced price we were expecting to pay when we booked the trip.
All the facilities were super, I enjoyed the steam room & relaxing in the autumn sunshine on the loungers in the conservatory.
I'm very much looking forward to another visit soon.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Had a lovely relaxing time at cedar falls. Treatments were wonderful and the staff were very friendly which created a relaxing atmosphere! Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Cameron_Hodder, General Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Kate6636,

Thank you for taking the time to review Cedar Falls. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your treatments and had a relaxing time with us. I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with the team here at Cedar Falls and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I have just returned from my first visit to Cedar Falls. I went for a mini break with a friend and I am already planning my next trip!! It was excellent! The grounds are beautiful and the setting really makes you feel like you are a million miles away from the stresses of everyday life! The staff are fantastic and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. We were treated like princesses and felt totally pampered! I had several treatments during my stay and was very impressed with the professionalism, knowledge and friendliness of all the therapists. The dry float treatment was AMAZING and I even fell asleep which shows how relaxed I was! I was given a timetable for my treatments and was very impressed that each treatment was exactly on time – excellent management and organisation. The pool area is very attractive and the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were all very clean. There were plenty of fresh towels and sun loungers too. My room had wonderful views and was kitted out with everything I needed. The bed and bedding were very cosy which I think is important after a day of pampering; I slept like a log!

Throughout the hotel the staff are consistent in their high standards of hospitality and work in an extremely calm and conscientious manner resulting in an outstanding stay at Cedar Falls. It is apparent that the new manager Cameron has a very clear vision for Cedar Falls and is totally committed to ensuring that it continues to develop and become the best health retreat in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Cameron_Hodder, General Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Dear Lucy22154,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cedar Falls. It was such a pleasure to read your comments and I was delighted to hear it was your first visit of many to Cedar Falls.
We are extremely lucky to have such beautiful grounds which add to the escape and relaxation that Cedar Falls provides – it’s lovely to read that both you and your friend experienced this and left both relaxed and looking forward to returning.
The team here are very dedicated and strive to ensure you have the most wonderful stay with us; I will have great pleasure in passing on your comments to them.
So pleased to hear you enjoyed your treatments, spa facilities and bedroom. It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay and I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to Cedar Falls again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

This is probably my 5th or 6th visit to Cedar Falls. It is by far my most favourite vacation. I think what makes Cedar Falls so special is that it is a little old fashioned so you don't feel on show, the staff (many of whom have been there for years - low staff turnover is another good sign!) are so welcoming and take their jobs very seriously. They are there to ensure that your stay is enjoyable and NOTHING is too much trouble and they provide a very relaxing environment and a calm energy. The food is outstanding! The pool area is so warm and relaxing and I love that teas/coffee & cake can be brought to your lounger - total luxury!! I found the treatments in the clinic more enjoyable than in the Natural Therapies section, which a looks a little drab. I think the clinic therapists have 'upped their game' and the quality of the treatments was excellent. I think perhaps a little improvement to the housekeeping. Although the rooms were clean, the carpet was not vacuumed during my 4 day visit, and although the duvet cover was pulled back over the bed, the bottom sheet was not touched so it would have remained crumpled if I had not re-made it. None of this would detract from my visit or from me returning to this wonderful retreat, but the new Manager, Cameron, seems very keen to make Cedar Falls the best retreat in the area and I am sure he would like to know what his guests think. Thank you everyone at Cedar Falls for another wonderful stay and I hope to return very soon.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the 'eves' and at the front of the house. Front of house rooms are more exp...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Dear GlastonburySunshine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. It was lovely to meet you on your recent stay and thank you for all your comments. They are wonderful to read and I will have great pleasure in sharing them with the rest of the team here.
Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt well looked after. Your comments on Housekeeping and Natural Therapies are much appreciated and I assure you they will be addressed in a timely manner. We have recently launched a refurbishment programme to refresh some areas that perhaps have faded a little over time, so I will be delighted to show you these developments on your next visit.
Thank you again and I very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 October 2011

I took my daughter to Cedar Falls after she had finished her GCSE's for a 2 night stay. This was her first visit and she thoroughly enjoyed being pampered. The people we met were lovely. The accomodation was good, food was fantastic and the treatments were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff, they were all very friendly. The evening talks were good, and the classes were fun. We are looking forward to another excuse for going again soon, maybe AS or A Level results!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family

Dear TaniaNwmn,

What a pleasure to read your review and thank you so much for taking the time to write. I was delighted to hear that you and your daughter both had a lovely stay and enjoyed some well- deserved pampering time.
We do have a wonderful team here and I will have great delight in sharing your comments with them as we do thrive on feedback from our valued guests.
We all wish your daughter the best of luck with her results and are very much looking forward to welcoming you both back to Cedar Falls in the very near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my day at Cedar Falls and will look forward to staying or having another day. It had a lovely welcoming feel and I felt very rested at the end of the day. The food and service was excellent and the facilities are good.

However 2 complaints: There weren't enough loungers to lie on and towels were left on them. I didn't feel it was right to have to bring in an outdoor lounger after paying £145 for the day! Also the shampoo and conditioner in the showers could have been better quality.

The indian head massage I had was bliss. The dry flotation was something/ nothing. Some friends had facials and said there faces felt heavy afterwards.

Everyone in our group had a good time and we would definitely return. We much preferred it to the newer modern spas! I will be booking a weekend for my husband and son as their Christmas presents this year!

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Cameron_Hodder, General Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Dear susannefurse,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cedar Falls on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to hear you had a lovely day with us and that you particularly enjoyed the food and service along with our facilities.

I will be addressing your further comments with my team, as I wholeheartedly agree with you and feel they can be quickly rectified. I really do appreciate you bringing them to my attention.

Very pleased to hear you enjoyed our Indian Head massage – a particular favourite with our return guests, I will have pleasure in sharing your feedback with our Therapists.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your group back to us in the very near future and also look forward to welcoming your husband and son too. Our new website is now live, so please do check back for all our latest offers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taunton
The Mount Somerset Hotel
The Cleve Hotel & Spa
#2 of 2 in Wellington
Holiday Inn Taunton M5, Jct. 25
Holiday Inn Express Taunton M5, Jct.25

Been to Cedar Falls Health Farm? Share your experiences!