“GET AWAY FROM IT ALL!”

Cedar Falls Health Farm
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Taunton
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Feeling more stressed than I can explain, I ran away to Cedar Falls for a few days, on my own, and had a wonderful time. Even Winston Churchill stayed there, but I don’t suppose it was a health farm then. I went up a long, winding drive through rolling greens and trees and pulled up outside a beautiful old house (just like in the movies). At reception I was given a list of the appointments I had made for the week, but they were all wrong. They had taken my bookings over the phone, agreed the times I wanted and then changed them to suit themselves. Had a personal consultation at 530 and confirmed which days I wanted what. “Unless”, I enquired, “the appointments you have changed around are ‘freebies?’ They were not.
The indoor pool was a treat before breakfast and again before retiring, with the steam room one of my favourite things. All the treatments I had were fantastic and the Indian head massage is something I won't forget. I had a personal trainer who was really understanding, (just as well, ha! ha!) I had a couple of days when I just relaxed in the gardens, or took off to check out the local area. In the dining room I was offered a seat at a big round table, so that I could join in with other singles, or a table for myself. The food was top quality, as was my room. The gardens and surroundings made me feel very relaxed and I returned home feeling renewed. I'll definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Cameron_Hodder, General Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Margaret W,

Wonderful to read you enjoyed an escape to Cedar Falls and had such a lovely restful time. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with the entire team as we do thrive on feedback from our guests.
Sorry to hear there had been some amendments to your schedule, we try not to confirm treatment times prior to arrival in case you see other activities that you would like to enjoy upon check-in. We therefore aim to be as flexible as possible with our treatment diary and hope that we managed to re-adjust accordingly to fit in with your requirements.
A pleasure to read you enjoyed our facilities and a range of treatments too - indeed, our Indian Head massages are renowned and it is not until you've experienced one that you realise how much you needed it!
Wonderful to hear you had time to explore the grounds and local area (we certainly are lucky to be in such a stunning location) and delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and your bedroom too.

Thank you again for coming to visit, we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

Upon arrival we were very impressed with the surroundings and the reception area. We had booked a superior room but were shown to a classic room which was very disappointing. We requested an upgrade as this is what we had paid for and they did eventually upgrade our room. The food was very good apart from finding a hair in my salad on Saturday lunchtime, the cost of this hadn't been deducted from our stay and we had to purchase other food to compensate (this was taken off our bill once we had complained.

Apart from this the weekend was very relaxing and the treatments were quite good, perhaps we were spoil by our trip to Champneys last year.

Dear Reebell4,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cedar Falls. Delighted to hear you were so impressed with our grounds, they are truly relaxing and very beautiful even at this time of year.
Very sorry to hear there seemed to be some confusion on your arrival, this certainly is not 'the usual' and is the first I have heard of it; rest assured I will be looking into this further to avoid any repetition. However glad to hear we made it to the right room in the end.
Extremely sorry to read about your dining experience, we have rather strict procedures in place to ensure this doesn't happen. Unfortunately as you mentioned the situation upon checkout, the waiting staff at the time were unaware of the issue and thus an alternative was unfortunately not offered.
I would very much like to ensure you that whilst sometimes mistakes are made, this is extremely unusual.
I will of course be contacting you personally in an effort to discuss further as I would very much like the opportunity to directly make amends.
Delighted that overall you did enjoy a relaxing weekend and experienced some of our treatments.
I very much hope we can look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope to speak soon.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

I recently visited Cedar Falls for the first time and was really impressed by the professionalism of the staff. The food was lovely and my room was the perfect place to enjoy an undisturbed sleep. I returned home truly relaxed and look forward to visiting again soon.

Dear Jane B,

Delighted to read that you recently visited Cedar Falls for the first time and had such a lovely stay.
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with the rest of the team.
Very pleased to read you enjoyed the food and had such a restful stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

I went to Cedar Falls for a 40th birthday treat with 2 close friends. We all had treatments which were wonderful, the therapists were friendly & knowledgeable . Lunch was adequate,very tasty but not much of it & a bread roll with the soup wouldn't have gone amiss!
All the staff were helpful & approachable, be careful when booking in advance treatments of the month as unless you are planning on going during the same month the price will revert back to full price & it may be abit of a shock if you're on a budget! Fortunately for us,the kind lady on reception took this into consideration & we paid the reduced price we were expecting to pay when we booked the trip.
All the facilities were super, I enjoyed the steam room & relaxing in the autumn sunshine on the loungers in the conservatory.
I'm very much looking forward to another visit soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Had a lovely relaxing time at cedar falls. Treatments were wonderful and the staff were very friendly which created a relaxing atmosphere! Would definately stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011
Cameron_Hodder, General Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2011

Dear Kate6636,

Thank you for taking the time to review Cedar Falls. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your treatments and had a relaxing time with us. I will have great pleasure in sharing your comments with the team here at Cedar Falls and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

I have just returned from my first visit to Cedar Falls. I went for a mini break with a friend and I am already planning my next trip!! It was excellent! The grounds are beautiful and the setting really makes you feel like you are a million miles away from the stresses of everyday life! The staff are fantastic and go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need. We were treated like princesses and felt totally pampered! I had several treatments during my stay and was very impressed with the professionalism, knowledge and friendliness of all the therapists. The dry float treatment was AMAZING and I even fell asleep which shows how relaxed I was! I was given a timetable for my treatments and was very impressed that each treatment was exactly on time – excellent management and organisation. The pool area is very attractive and the sauna, steam room and jacuzzi were all very clean. There were plenty of fresh towels and sun loungers too. My room had wonderful views and was kitted out with everything I needed. The bed and bedding were very cosy which I think is important after a day of pampering; I slept like a log!

Throughout the hotel the staff are consistent in their high standards of hospitality and work in an extremely calm and conscientious manner resulting in an outstanding stay at Cedar Falls. It is apparent that the new manager Cameron has a very clear vision for Cedar Falls and is totally committed to ensuring that it continues to develop and become the best health retreat in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Cameron_Hodder, General Manager at Cedar Falls Health Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2011

Dear Lucy22154,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review Cedar Falls. It was such a pleasure to read your comments and I was delighted to hear it was your first visit of many to Cedar Falls.
We are extremely lucky to have such beautiful grounds which add to the escape and relaxation that Cedar Falls provides – it’s lovely to read that both you and your friend experienced this and left both relaxed and looking forward to returning.
The team here are very dedicated and strive to ensure you have the most wonderful stay with us; I will have great pleasure in passing on your comments to them.
So pleased to hear you enjoyed your treatments, spa facilities and bedroom. It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay and I very much look forward to welcoming you both back to Cedar Falls again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

This is probably my 5th or 6th visit to Cedar Falls. It is by far my most favourite vacation. I think what makes Cedar Falls so special is that it is a little old fashioned so you don't feel on show, the staff (many of whom have been there for years - low staff turnover is another good sign!) are so welcoming and take their jobs very seriously. They are there to ensure that your stay is enjoyable and NOTHING is too much trouble and they provide a very relaxing environment and a calm energy. The food is outstanding! The pool area is so warm and relaxing and I love that teas/coffee & cake can be brought to your lounger - total luxury!! I found the treatments in the clinic more enjoyable than in the Natural Therapies section, which a looks a little drab. I think the clinic therapists have 'upped their game' and the quality of the treatments was excellent. I think perhaps a little improvement to the housekeeping. Although the rooms were clean, the carpet was not vacuumed during my 4 day visit, and although the duvet cover was pulled back over the bed, the bottom sheet was not touched so it would have remained crumpled if I had not re-made it. None of this would detract from my visit or from me returning to this wonderful retreat, but the new Manager, Cameron, seems very keen to make Cedar Falls the best retreat in the area and I am sure he would like to know what his guests think. Thank you everyone at Cedar Falls for another wonderful stay and I hope to return very soon.

Room Tip: I have stayed in the 'eves' and at the front of the house. Front of house rooms are more exp...