Feeling more stressed than I can explain, I ran away to Cedar Falls for a few days, on my own, and had a wonderful time. Even Winston Churchill stayed there, but I don’t suppose it was a health farm then. I went up a long, winding drive through rolling greens and trees and pulled up outside a beautiful old house (just like in the movies). At reception I was given a list of the appointments I had made for the week, but they were all wrong. They had taken my bookings over the phone, agreed the times I wanted and then changed them to suit themselves. Had a personal consultation at 530 and confirmed which days I wanted what. “Unless”, I enquired, “the appointments you have changed around are ‘freebies?’ They were not.
The indoor pool was a treat before breakfast and again before retiring, with the steam room one of my favourite things. All the treatments I had were fantastic and the Indian head massage is something I won't forget. I had a personal trainer who was really understanding, (just as well, ha! ha!) I had a couple of days when I just relaxed in the gardens, or took off to check out the local area. In the dining room I was offered a seat at a big round table, so that I could join in with other singles, or a table for myself. The food was top quality, as was my room. The gardens and surroundings made me feel very relaxed and I returned home feeling renewed. I'll definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cedar Falls is a welcoming retreat set in over 40 acres of grounds, amidst beautiful Somerset countryside. Guests enjoy all inclusive stays as well as full use of indoor and outdoor swimming pools, 9 hole golf course and restful stays, where the outside world will seem a million miles away. A rich palette of spa treatments is available including traditional beauty and body treatments as well as wonderful natural therapies. A packed schedule of exercise and relaxation classes is available daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cedar Falls Health Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cedar Falls Health Farm Hotel Taunton
- Cedar Falls Relaxation Centre Taunton
- Cedar Falls Health Farm Taunton, Somerset